- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥250,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Native English Speakers
- Solo-teaching experience to children
- Love children (most of our students are kindergarten to lower elementary kids)
- Energetic and not shy
- Flexible, responsible and have a genuine passion in teaching
- If visa sponsorship is required: 4-year university degree
English Teacher for growing, friendly school in Tokyo
KEYS English is looking for a full-time native English teacher to join our team. We are a small, but rapidly growing, English school in Tokyo know for our entertaining and effective classes for children.
We support our teacher’s professional development, offer a manageable work schedule and offer great benefits.
More information on what we offer is as follows.
- Sense of Humor
- Conversational Japanese
- TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
- Performing arts experience (drama / dance etc)
Working Days, Time and Location
- Tuesday to Saturday (Saturdays is a must)
- 4 day part time work pays 200,000, 5 days full time work pays 250,000.
- Classes taught mainly at the Toyosu/Tsukishima area (Tokyo Metro Yurakucho line) in the heart of Tokyo
- Most classes start in the afternoon and end at around 8:30 pm or earlier
About Our Class and Our Students
- Regular classes are 100 minutes long so that we can teach more and deeper. We have games planned so students are never bored.
- Most students are eager to learn, parents are helpful in making progress.
- Curriculum and teaching materials are all provided.
- Remuneration depends on experiences and performance. Average annual full-time salary for first-year teachers at KEYS is at JPY 3,220,000 (bonuses and transportation allowance included).
- Part-time work pay is provided at a stable rate each month based on how many days a week are worked (3 days a week > 150,000, 4 days a week > 200,000, 5 days a week > 250,000)
- Monthly salary is paid throughout the year including during summer and long holidays
- Visa Sponsorship if needed
- Performance-based bonuses and pay raise
- Paid holidays, 10 days+ holidays during Christmas / New Year for you to spend with your family
- Paid training before being fully onboard
- Ears to listen to your suggestions, and heart to care
We believe that happy teachers make happy students. Teachers are enrolled in a comprehensive employee benefits system after probation period. The benefit booklet is thick and here are some highlights:
- Professional Development Sponsorship
- Sponsored membership to JALT Tokyo Chapter
- Sponsored event fee for external workshops
- 8,000 yen sponsorship to local 資格 examination fees
- Congratulatory & Sympathy Money
- 10,000-20,000 yen for marriage, child-birth, children entering elementary school or graduating from junior high school
- 5,000-100,000 yen for hospitalization and death
- Yearly staff retreat (to Toshimaen, Tokyo Dome City, or similar)
- Free to 50% off English class tuition fee for staff’s children
- A 100-page booklet full of discounts
- eg, movie and show discounts, discount for Quo Card, books and gourmet vouchers, sports club, swimming pool, bus tours and hotels, etc.
- Due to the vast amount of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a Zoom interview and on-site demo lesson
- Benefit details are subject to change according to the welfare service provider KEYS enrolls in (we try to find the best provider so any changes should be for the better).
1-2-4 Tsukishima, Chuo City, Tokyo, Japan