- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥250,000 ~ ¥250,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
What are the MINIMUM job requirements and preferred qualifications
- Language requirements (Japanese or English level)
- Does the applicant have to be currently living in Japan or do you accept applications from overseas residents that wish to work in Japan?
- Visa requirements?
- Education, licenses, certificates, physical requirements, work days/hours
Two full-time positions are currently available at Model Language Studio:
- Instructors are based within or with easy access to the Tokyo metropolitan area.
- Class times: average start/end times are 10:00/19:00.
- Schedule: Tuesdays - Saturdays with set weekly locations across the year.
- Monthly Attendance Bonus: ¥5,000 on top of your salary for perfect attendance.
- Paid set vacations: 14 days for both summer and winter.
- Transportation costs: to and from place of work is fully reimbursed.
- Student ages: 6 months to 15 years old (with possibility of adult classes).
- Training: comprehensive training and ongoing weekly sessions for a full year.
Successful candidates will have a native level English (both spoken and written). A current and valid working visa (extension sponsorship OK). Some kind of teaching experience or training (preferably with ages 6 months – 15 years old). An interest in drama / performance art and an open, energetic, and creative personality.
TRAINING and SUPPORT
Our instructors all receive comprehensive (and paid) training. We are there for you every step of the way! There are training and support meetings every Friday morning throughout the entire year for all 1st year instructors. Also, the MLS staff is always available to assist instructors to ensure they have all the tools needed to create great lessons. The curriculum is set, established and effective, but our teachers are encouraged to add their own creativity!
We will only be responding to candidates whom we wish to meet. Interview sessions are held at our main offices in Minami Shinjuku, but often our first contact will be a short introductory phone call. (Please provide your most current contact information). For more details about the Drama Method and what is happening right now at MLS, please visit our website!
OVER TO YOU!
If you are excited about the English Through Drama method, and think you’d be a great addition to our growing community, send along your up to date resume, a cover letter explaining why you think you would excel at MLS (be creative!) and a recent picture (smile!) of yourself.
2 Chome-31-8 Yoyogi, Shibuya City, Tokyo, Japan