- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥260,000 - ¥300,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
This position is for a renewable one-year contract.
- Native level English essential, conversational level Japanese (N3) preferred
- Applicants currently living in Japan
- Can sponsor/renew visa
- A BA/BS college degree (majors in education, linguistics or early childhood are a plus.)
- Teaching experience in Japan
- A valid drivers permit or Japanese driving license is essential (a company car can be leased)
- Basic PC skills (Microsoft Word, Zoom etc.)
- Work hours: Monday to Friday containing 20-25 classes, 10-15 office hours. Most days are between 14:00 and 21:30, days including kindergarten visits begin from 9:30
New Life Kashima 21 is looking for dedicated Native English Teachers for our Eikaiwa, Arbor English School. The ideal applicant would be able to move to Kashima for training and familiarization early July for a position starting in summer of 2022.
Arbor English school is very serious about English education and our goal is to support children in becoming good global citizens with strong English communication ability. We also promote good manners, and encourage development of habits that promote self-learning.
All classes are taught at our Eikaiwa school in Kashima City and at various local kindergartens. 70% of our students are kindergarten to elementary school students and the remaining 30% are junior high, high school, or adult students. Our school uses an excellent system to teach young learners (the PLS system®). Training in this system is paid for by the company and all teaching materials are provided. In addition to teaching lessons, teachers are responsible for lesson planning, record keeping, monitoring and reporting on the progress of their students, and interacting with students and parents outside of the classroom.
Communicative Japanese ability is preferred in order to work well with Japanese staff and communicate with parents. Teachers also plan and attend events such as playing in the park, Halloween, speech contests, etc.. Some of these events are held on weekends (time off in lieu is provided). Weekly meetings and workshops are held at our office with occasional training/seminars in Tokyo.
We'd like to work with a person who is; good with children, sincere, a team player, organized, has strong communication skills, as well as someone with a drive to continue to improve their teaching skills. Also, a willingness to take and act upon constructive criticism is vital. We have an ongoing training program and like to review our teaching methods to stay up-to-date.
Our company provides the following benefits:
- We will sponsor or renew your work visa.
- We will partially subsidize your health insurance payments.
- We will lease a company car for your commute (if requested).
- We will provide assistance in finding an apartment and help support your moving cost to Kashima.
- We will provide two weeks paid leave in both summer and winter, and one week in golden week (end of April-early May).
- We will also provide a great opportunity to improve your teaching through learning with our system.
- There is also the possibility of a performance bonus at the end of the year.
Here are a few facts about Kashima city:
- It is 1.5 hours to Tokyo by highway bus (One departs about every 15-20 mins) and 40 mins by car to Narita International airport.
- It is the home town of the Kashima Antlers, a J1 soccer team.
- It has a great beach for surfing.
- It has a famous Shrine and other historical sites.
- Fresh local products to enrich your daily life.
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter that includes why you feel you would be a good fit in our company (reasons related to teaching young language learners are particularly of interest). The application deadline is July 7 , 2022. Thank you for your interest.
1178-11 Hirai, Kashima city Ibaraki prefecture