- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥3,000,000 ~ ¥3,400,000 / Year (Negotiable)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- English: native level
- Japanese: conversational
- Experience residing in Japan
- BA/BS university degree
- Valid work visa (visa sponsorship available)
- Love working with young children
1) TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
We’re looking for teachers who have great passion for working with children, team players who also can independently allow their natural teaching talents to shine through on a daily basis.
We expect the applicants to be truly devoted to our goals, sincere and flexible. Native or near-native English speakers with educational background and relevant experience are most welcome.
There are two days off a week, time off for national holidays and twelve extra days a year. Social security and transportation allowance provided. Some bonus will be provided.
Curriculum and teaching materials are provided.
As well as providing opportunities for instructors to develop as teachers, Discovery also strives to allow teachers to build skill sets outside of teaching. Discovery teachers are proud to see their contribution to the school’s growth through the completion of projects related to curriculum development, teacher training, and leadership.
Full time employment. 5 working days out of Mon – Sat. (¥250000 ~¥280000) - 20~23 teaching hours/week.
Working hours : 2 shifts:
- 9.30AM to 6.30PM ( working hours with 1 hour for lunch break)
- 11.00AM to 8.00PM ( hours with 1 hour for lunch break)
- Deliver 40~60 minute classes (6~8 students/class)
- Prepare for the lessons
- Short after-class reports to be written for every class
- Prepare and participate in seasonal events
- Materials making & administrative duties
At the kindergartens:
- Deliver 30~45 minutes classes assisted by the home room teacher.
- Play with students.
(Note: You do not have to dress like this. Just wanted to have fun with the kids one day)
Chiba prefecture is a beautiful and convenient prefecture to live in Japan, surrounded by beautiful beaches, luscious greenery, delicious food, and wonderful people, our school is only 20 minutes far from the center of Tokyo.
Professional Development Sponsorship:
- Sponsored membership to ETJ
- Sponsored event fee for external workshops
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Please also indicate:
- Your visa type and expiry date
- When can you start working with us
- Days and times available for Skype or Zoom chats
Interviews will be held in person in Ichikawa.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan