- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥260,000 - ¥300,000 / Month (negotiable based on experience and qualifications)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- English: Native-level
- Experience: 1+ years of teaching experience in child education (Experience with 1 year - 5 years children preferable)
- Bachelor’s degree (Early Childhood Education or Child Development preferred)
- Must currently be living in Japan
- Must currently have a valid working visa, which we will renew
- Must be available immediately. Please do not apply if cannot start immeidately
We are No Borders International Schools. Currently, we have 6 schools throughout Aichi. We have over 40 Foreign teachers and over 100 Japanese teachers working with us. We have been around for over 30 years and are growing. We are a school that believes in teamwork and professionalism. We have growth opportunities for the right individuals and pride ourselves in the relationships we have with our staff.
We are currently seeking one or two teachers to join our team of professional educators. If the following sounds like a school and teaching environment that you want to be a part of, we would like to speak with you.
We are searching for individuals who love and are passionate about teaching children. Someone who recognizes the need to continually be growing and developing themselves and understands the importance of education. We also are looking for teachers who can contribute to our school...we value input and teacher feedback.
About School Administration
No Borders International School is run by educators known for the highest academic standards. The Principal is currently on the Executive Board of the Tokyo Association of International Preschools (TAIP) and the Board of Directors at the Japan Association of Language Teachers (JALT) as well as a founding member of the Tokai International School Association (TISA).
All teachers at No Borders further their skills with internal and external professional development opportunities and you can often see our teachers giving back by speaking at conferences.
While instructors have considerable independence in the classroom, we have demanding expectations for quality teaching and teaching methods. We use a blended learning method taking inspiration from Reggio and Montessori methods and have a high focus on the social development of the children.
What we want:
Due to growth, we are currently looking for 2 more qualified teachers to join our team as we add new classes. These are full-time positions, but we have Saturday-only positions and weekday afternoon positions available also.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
1. Professional - we are looking for teachers, not just English speakers.
2. Experienced - Must be good with young children 1 - 5 years old
3. Team-oriented - people skills and ability to work in a group
4. Clear and understandable accent mandatory. We encourage all nationalities to apply.
5. Looking for long-term or minimum 2-year contract. We have very, very little turnover.
6. Flexible. We work with children. Things come up, and the ability to 'roll with the flow' is a must.
7. And above all...a positive attitude. Our staff love coming to work, and we want to keep it that way.
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for our students
- Preparing for lessons
- working in a team to ensure the school operates smoothly
- Contract type: Full time (Visa sponsorship available if necessary)
- Salary: 260,000 yen per month for entry-level and up from there. Our leaders and long-term teachers make much more than that.
- Company-sponsored health insurance and pension program
- Competitive holiday and day-off schedule
- Opportunities to be involved in our in-house Leadership teams to grow your skills and career:
- Curriculum Team
- Training Team
- School Leader
- Floor Leader
- Department Leader
- Production Team (videos/music/short courses/multimedia team)
- And growing...
- A sense of a team and community. We truly value our team and support them professionally and personally.
- Please apply with a cover letter and resume.
- On your cover letter, please start the first paragraph with the word "Classroom." We want someone that wants to work at No Borders and not someone applying to every job. This will tell us you have read and understood the entire job description.
- Due to the high number, not all will be contacted. Please understand.
Interview Process - A two-way street:
- If selected, we will set up a zoom interview followed by a:
- Face-to-face meeting and a day trial at our school - The face-to-face meeting will be with both administrators and other teachers (your future colleagues). Our teachers are involved with the hiring process, and we encourage you to ask them as much about the school as you want (work culture, a typical day, responsibilities, how they like their job, anything). We find that transparency and satisfied teachers help us win top teaching candidates.
- Final interview/Offer of intent
Thank you so much and we look forward to hearing from you!
No Borders International School
-Please get familiar with us, and review our website/Facebook/YouTube prior to our interview, as we will discuss. Thank you.
3 Chome-17-21 Aoi, Higashi Ward, Nagoya, Aichi, Japan