- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥2,300 - ¥3,000 / Hour (Teachers Wages based on Certification and Extra Skills)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Fluent English
- Must live in the Yokohama area in commuting distance to Tsunashima Station
- Teachers with English teaching certificates are highly valued
- Those that have taken the Video Interview will get priority consideration
Spring English Studio is seeking part-time English teachers to join our growing team.
- Spring’s curriculum and lesson planning has already been prepared for our teachers, but as a qualified teacher that joins our team, we encourage original teaching styles that elevate our team as a whole.
- All of us at Spring bring something unique to the team. Unlike many other schools, individual opinions are valued from the start. Your insight is especially valued when they solve our two main goals: 1) Increased student satisfaction by continuously improving our offerings and 2) increasing student enrolment.
- On weekday shifts, generally your day will start around 2pm. On Saturday, start time is 8am and finishes around 4pm
At Spring, we have 2 types of hourly pay rates. One rate is your teaching rate which is set based on your teaching experience. The other hourly rate is what we call “flex time office hours.” The hourly rate for flex time hours is less then teaching rate, but as a Spring Team member, you can set your own hours to come in and contribute to the growing enrolment at Spring. This type of culture has created a powerful dynamic where teachers at Spring truly feel like they are contributing to Spring’s growth. Teachers are treated equally and we don’t believe in hierarchy. We encourage potential new teachers to ask any of our current or past teachers about our school culture and workplace satisfaction, they will always say they like working at Spring the best.
Sign Up Compensation
Spring offers our teachers a 3000 yen bonus every time a Free Trial student enrolls from one of their trial Lessons. If you were responsible for introducing a new student, that bonus amount increases to 10,000 yen. We want our teachers to feel like are a part of our goal to be the best English school in the area. Students are leaving the chain schools to join our friendly little English school. At Spring, we are not just a business, we are a community.
As you can probably see by the above, Spring is changing the culture in a positive way.
Here is a loose translation of our philosophy (original is in Japanese).
“Spring is more than just an English school. It is a place where people of all ages and genders can enjoy learning English effectively. Not only can you learn English, but you can also learn about compassion, friendship, and the importance of respecting each other. Different people have different goals, such as to acquire education and build self-confidence in an ever-changing world. You can achieve the goals that every student wants.
Spring is always thinking about the best way to be a warmly welcoming English school that will keep you in touch with your life and continue to provide you with the knowledge and education to help you in the future.”
What is your goal? Tell us in your cover letter when you apply. Include the word pineapple in your first sentence so we know you made it to the end of this job post write up. If your end goal stands out, you will surely pass our first round.
Shinbunka Bldg. 3F., Tsunashima Higashi 1-7-17, Minato-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 223-0052