- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥255,000 / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Must have a university degree.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience teaching elementary children in Japan.
- Must be professional, hard-working, passionate, energetic and love working with children.
Students break into applause as the young presenter standing at the front of the class finishes describing their artwork to the group. You ask the class, "Does anyone have any questions or comments?" Eager hands immediately shoot up. Asking a student in the front row, they comment, "I like the color you chose." Heads nod in agreement. You make a quick note on your iPad about the 21st Century Skills that the students are displaying and move on to the next student waiting to present.
Established in 1985, Tokyo International School Group (TISG) runs Tokyo International School Afterschool (TISAS), Tokyo International School Kindergarten (TISKG) and Tokyo International School Learning Through English (TISLTE) at our Nakameguro, Minami Azabu, Komazawa, Toritsudai, and Gakugeidaigakku model school campuses in Tokyo. We also have franchise campuses based in Tokyo, Sapporo, Hyogo, and Fukuoka.
We are currently looking to hire a teacher who will join a team of five other full-time Afterschool teachers at the Minami Azabu (Tokyo) model school campus from August 22nd.
TISAS is an Afterschool program that provides an immersion environment (children must attend at least two days per week) for non-native English-speaking children. Students attend classes from 4 pm until 7 pm. Between these hours, we have five focused study blocks: Circle Time, Kinesthetic, Story Telling, Language Strategies, and Course Time. Course Time is different each day, with courses including Our World, Art, Makers, Living Planet, and Kids Force. Classes are separated by age group, and the maximum number of students per class is 18.
- The workweek is Monday to Friday.
- Paid vacation days are every Saturday and Sunday, public holidays, as well as time during summer and winter.
- Flexible leave is also included.
- The daily work schedule is 12:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
It must be mentioned that the Teacher is expected to put in the hours necessary to provide students with a learning experience of the highest possible quality.
We are looking for someone who is:
- passionate about teaching.
- fun and enthusiastic with children.
Candidates must have:
- a university degree.
- two years of experience (ideally working with elementary students in Japan).
- The school is located near Shirokane Takanawa station on the Namboku and Mita subway lines.
- September 1st with online training from August 22nd, 2022.
- The wage will be 255,000 per month (three hours of teaching and three hours of prep per day).
- Wage growth from the second contract is possible based on performance.
- Transportation will be reimbursed.
- We will screen resumes to check that the minimum requirements are met.
- Candidates will be contacted to arrange online interviews.
- Following the first round of interviews, candidates will be short-listed for a second round of interviews, which will include a trial lesson.
- Candidates will be asked to bring their residence cards, passports, copies of qualifications and letters of reference when attending the trial lesson.
- At the completion of the second round of interviews, a decision will be made.
- Once that final decision has been made, we will contact all candidates to inform them of the decision.
- The successful candidate will then meet with us again to sign employment documentation.
We look forward to receiving your application.