- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Finance & Banking
- Salary ¥300,000 - ¥400,000 / Month (Negotiable, based on skill level)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Fluent
- Other Languages Vietnamese
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
What are the MINIMUM job requirements and preferred qualifications
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Vietnamese or Japanese
- Lives in Japan
Full-time or part-time work.
Department: Customer service
Location: Tokyo area, remote work negotiable.
First available starting date: 10.10.2022
Proposed starting salary: 3.6 million yen per year.
Social & Labor insurance: as required by Japanese Law.
About GIG-A Bank
はじめまして /hajimemashite/ 'nice to meet you'
We are a financial technology company that makes banking easy in Japan. GIG-A Bank helps customers open a local bank account, manage everyday spending, use overdraft, and transfer money back home.
GIG-A Bank's mission is to help people coming to Japan set up their bank account easily with minimal hassle. If you’ve ever struggled with this and remember the pain, we’d love to have you on board, in this entry level role, to help others start their life in Japan with more ease.
About your role
Your mission as our first Customer Support Agent is to make sure that our customers who need help receive it promptly and with compassion. You are the kind of person that can solve issues on the go, think about pre-empting future issues and feedback the team on how to improve our customers’ lives.
You get to help people, who have moved to Japan, easily open up bank accounts and get their life moving along.
Helping customers is an ideal entry level role in a fast growth company. We would love to hire you if you are interested in staying with us for a long time and making your career with GIG-A.
We are looking for people who are fluent in English and either Japanese or Vietnamese. All 3 are a welcome bonus.
Objectives of your role
- You help our customers solve their issues and teach them to self-serve in the future.
- You are available to our customers at the times when they need help.
- You are curious and motivated to learn and improve your skills.
- You are ready and able to fulfil targets agreed with the wider team.
- You help our customers have positive stories to share about GIG-A and (y)our problem solving capabilities.
- You are interested and motivated to become a product expert.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- You help our customers from the beginning to the end. From the time they first encounter questions up to chasing and investigating solutions with our banking partners.
- We offer a flexible working schedule and expect your flexibility in return. You work when our customers need help and when you can help them by communicating with our partners. A schedule will be agreed upon in advance to help you best plan your life outside of GIG-A.
- You talk to our customers and partners in the places they wish to talk to us. This can be via messaging, email, phone calls and whatever else the future may bring. Familiarity with the Intercom platform is a bonus.
- You fix issues that our customers encounter from start to end.
- You feedback the wider team about recurring issues.
- You share success stories with the wider team.
- You communicate with our banking partners.
- You meet targets for reply speed.
- For new recurring issues you are ready to build a script.
- You attend training and keep up to date with regulations.
- You are ready and able to improve yourself based on reviews of your work.
Team and culture
- Born global and born remote
We are nomads with the world as our home. We demonstrate with kind actions that every employee belongs to our 一門 /ichimon/ 'clan'.
- We are our customers
It's personal, because we have lived through the pain of the underbanked. We empathise with our customers and adapt to their feedback.
- Bring choices to the table
We are proactive in seeking out challenges and opportunities. We are transparent in communication and propose multiple courses of action to deliver a solution.
- Become a learning machine
We continuously upskill to achieve freedom of maneuver with our team and to triumph over challenges.
Required skills and qualifications
- You are a team player.
- You have fluent written and spoken skills in English and either Vietnamese or Japanese. All 3 are a welcome bonus.
- You have an empathic personality with the ability to put yourself into our customers' shoes.
- You have exceptional communication skills in different environments.
- You are able to give and take feedback, both constructive criticism, and appreciation.
- You can make decisions that put our customers first.
- You believe and practice continuous improvement.
What we offer
- Continuous learning environment.
- Trust and freedom.
- Supportive and highly skilled team members.
- Great culture of transparency and openness.
- Opportunity to make a real impact in customers’ lives.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible.
Global Business Hub Tokyo 3F, Otemachi Financial City Grand Cube, 1-9-2 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0004