- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥340,000 - ¥420,000 / Month (One year contract at first.)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Experienced primary school teacher with teacher certification needed.
- Experience with Scottish Curriculum for Excellence ideal, but not required.
We are a highly innovative international school. Best to check website before applying, especially the mission page. Note that all of our positions require a lot of collaboration as it is a dual language school, with two teachers of equal status per class, using a thematic approach and the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence. We are also multi-age by design, with a three-year age/grade range of students per class. It is a style of education that WANTS diversity in the classroom, as the students learn from one another as well as from the teachers.
- Hrs. 8:10-5:00 M-F every day the school is in session plus some professional development days.
- Transportation allowance and private school insurance system.
- Severance pay if the teachers stays for three or more years, as three years is one cycle in the multiage classes.
New International School of Japan 3-18-32 Minami-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171-0022, Japan