- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥230,000 / Month (negotiable based on knowledge of the PLS system)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Job requirements and preferred qualifications
- Native English Speakers.
- Japanese ability is not required but is preferred.
- Open to applicants living in Japan and oversee residents.
- Will help with the visa process.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Some years of general working experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- 40 working hours a week (approx, 25 teaching).
Training begins in March 2023. Please note we will only accept applications from native English speakers. 40 working hours a week (approx. 25 teaching). Tuesday to Saturday, starting at 230,000yen/month (although negotiable based on experience with the PLS curriculum). Paid holidays, compensated training and contract completion bonus (120,000 yen). We ask for a minimum of two years commitment though will renew the contract annually.
Your position will involve independently planning classes for teaching students from preschool to adults. You will be required to attend training seminars three times a year and help with basic school maintenance tasks. We are looking for someone who is flexible, a good team player and able to multitask. We require a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, some years of general working experience and basic computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail).
Certifications, actual teaching experience and Japanese ability are preferred but not required. Also, you are likely to teach some of our youngest students, so the ability to sing and dance is preferred. We have access to affordable housing and would act as your guarantor. The school does not cover your monthly rent or deposit, though we do provide the initial key money for the school-recommended accommodation. The cost of living in Tokushima is relatively low. You would have to be comfortable living in a smaller city though the community and the environment here is beautiful.
Our school has about 4 weeks of paid holidays throughout the year. We also do voluntary bonding excursions every few months around Tokushima (for example, we went rafting recently and to Tokushima's famous Awa-odori festival).
Donoura Kokufucho Ido, Tokushima, Japan