- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥250,000 / Month (negotiable based on qualifications, transportation reimbursed)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Other Languages It is not required, but we have an afternoon lesson in Spanish weekly and also several of our students are from Germany. Knowing these languages would be a bonus!
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Language requirements: Native or near-native English level
- Currently residing in Japan
- Must be energetic and passionate about working in Early Childhood Education
- Willing to do training and research about Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio-Emilia, and Early Childhood Education in general
- Must hold a Bachelor Degree (or higher level of education) for Visa Sponsorship
- Holder of Montessori certificate and experience in a Montessori environment is preferred, but not necessary, and must be willing to learn more about this educational philosophy
- At least 3 years of experience in an early childhood environment
tinyHappy Garden International School is searching for dedicated early childhood educators to join our teaching team. Located 15 minutes from Aobadai Station (Den-en-Toshi Line) that is surrounded by greenery, we are a small, play-based school inspired by the Montessori, Reggio-Emilia and Waldorf-Steiner educational philosophies and believe that play is the most important work of the child.
Our students are 12 mths~6 yrs old and just as in a family, we mix the age groups together. Our daily activities include: free play, creative arts, cooking, music and motion, storytelling, and outdoor play. Our teaching team is like a close family, and we aim to create a loving atmosphere where children are free to develop themselves, socially, emotionally and especially creatively.
Daily responsibilities include:
- playing together with children aged 12 months~6 years old
- preparing creative art activities based on our monthly and seasonal themes (teachers have full freedom in selecting monthly activities)
- assisting with toilet time, lunch and nap time
- communicating to parents about their child’s day at school (writing in our smartphone app)
- taking photos of children while they work
- attending all school events and field trips
*Daily schedule: Full time or Part-time options
Full Time: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:30pm, including 1 hour break (Saturday work 3 days per year for half-day events)
Part-time: Tuesday-Thursday 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Small school with family-like atmosphere
- Lots of teacher preparation time
- Opportunities to use your creativity with art, lesson planning, music, etc.
- Opportunities for career development and training
- Transportation is reimbursed up to ¥10,000 per month
- Yearly paid leave days, Japanese public holidays off plus long Christmas/New Year Holiday
Our class sizes are very small and our atmosphere is very relaxed. We enjoy each day with our students watching them grow!
Japan, Kanagawa, Yokohama, Aoba Ward, Sakuradai, １０−3