- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥250,000 - ¥320,000 / Lesson (Negotiable)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Hiring Part-Time Teacher and Full-Time Teacher in Tokyo
- contact us for information about Full-Time position
Nico Kids English is a quickly growing and expanding English school with about 400 students in 2 locations in Tokushima and 2 locations in Tokyo.
We specialize in fun and exciting, student-centered English lessons for students ranging in age from 3 to 12 years old.
Our curriculum has proven to be very effective and shows very fast results for most students.
A handful of lessons for jr. high school, high school, and adult students are also available in the evenings.
On November 6th, 2021, we opened the 2 locations in Tokyo, and they are growing rapidly.
No one knew about us in the area, but within 1 month, we had gotten 160 students.
Not only that, but also we have been getting amazing feedback from parents after their kids' lessons,
Here are some;
"My daughter is only four years old, but after a few lessons, she started asking me "How are you?" and counting numbers up to 100 at home"
By Kana's mom
"My son used to not respond at all when I spoke to him in English. Now, he tries to talk to me in English and when he doesn't understand something, he asks me "What's that in English?"
By Yuuto's mom
"My son hated every English lesson I took him to as a trial, and he never liked it. However, he enjoys Nico Kids English lessons, so I am extremely happy"
By Hayato's mom
Our Concept Video
We are more than just an English school.
We are a close community helping our students achieve 3 key goals to have a successful, happy, and meaningful future, which can help them find something they would love and enjoy in their later years.
- Communication - being able to express their emotions and opinions via English as a tool can promote their connection with other people and cultures.
- Challenge- by creating a safe environment, students can make take advantage of their mistakes to help them propel themselves to achieve more.
- Independence- as a school, we try to give each student some creative space so that they can use their imaginations not only to remember English but to build on their own personalities.
Future Goals/On-Going Projects
- Creating our own coursebook and selling it worldwide.
- Creating an after-school program so that not only kids can improve their English faster, but also they can learn a variety of things in English.
- Providing an iPad for each student in the class allows students to learn an important skill in this technological era.
Let us introduce you to our fun, friendly, positive, creative, motivated ... (I probably should stop, hahaha) team members!
Junpei - Owner
The founder of Nico Kids English.
He has a great passion for music and played in a death metal band. Deciding to change career path after traveling to the US and created his own school at the age of 24.
An enthusiastic marketing consultant, researching and traveling to other schools.
You can find his informative Youtube channel for Marketing below
Fabio - Teacher
Pizza Conocier/Education Otaku
Coco - Teacher
She will give you millions of creative ideas for games and crafts.
Sara - CRM
Our Japanese CRM for the Tokyo locations. She will help you connect with the parents and students.
Pablo - Teacher
Ex-actor for big companies such as Benesse.
May - Office Manager
A Japanese English teacher who used to work as a TV announcer has a silver tongue and is adored by our students. She would also beat you in an eating competition, hands down!
Dora - Teacher
A Hungarian teacher who is excited all the time without the need for coffee.
Haruki - CRM
Our Japanese CRM, who used to live in Canada, will help you connect with the parents and students.
We Make Your Ideas Come True:
Have you felt that English schools in Japan have not made it easy to give your opinions or implement them?
We, as a school that is still growing and broadening our horizons, are eager to accept new ways of thinking and ideas and try our best to bring them to reality.
Here are things that we've started doing from our employee's ideas,
- Point system to get students motivated even more.
- Using a projector in class
- Creating a new curriculum
- Halloween USJ Bus Tour, Summer Camp, Pajama Party, and some other events.
- Homework checking list
There are too many to list, but you can let your skill shine at our school!
Full-Time Teaching Position
Teaching mainly students ages 3 to 12, student-centered English lessons and few teenagers and adult lessons.
The teacher will be responsible for student management, schedule adjustment, planning events, office support, etc.
- Work Hours - Full-Time
About 5 to 6 50-minute lessons a day, five days a week. Work hours sometimes fluctuate due to special circumstances, but typical work hours will be 12:00 ~ 21:00 on weekdays with a 1-hour break and 9:00 ~ 17:00 on Saturdays with a 1-hour break. Hours include prep time and training.
- Work Hours - Part-Time
About 3 to 5 lessons (50 or 60 min) a day.
2 days a week, Fridays are required to work, and another day is not fixed yet.
Work hours sometimes fluctuate due to special circumstances, but typical work hours will be 15:00 ~ 20:00 or 21:00 on weekdays. And 9:00 ~ 17:00 on Saturdays.
Sundays and Mondays are closed.
- Golden Week 5 Days
- Summer Holiday 10 Days (14 Days of a long holiday including regular Sun&Mon days off)
- New Year’s Holiday 10 Days (14 Days of a long holiday including regular Sun&Mon days off)
*The school is still open during some national holidays.
- Work Hours - Full-Time
- Bonus - Full-Time
Every May (Working after 1 year)
〔There is a case of paying no bonus according to the company’s performance.〕
- Special Events
Nico Kids English holds several special events during the year, such as holiday parties and a two-day summer camp. Some special events are occasionally scheduled on Sundays.
Please take a look at some of our fun and exciting events here.
- Tokushima Location
Kamojima Location - https://goo.gl/maps/ijNxtz8Sh7L27KUt8
Aizumi Location -https://goo.gl/maps/G2D57VPFC2bi8zBU9
You will be working at both locations. They are 30 mins apart by car.
- Tokyo Location
Yoga Location - https://goo.gl/maps/ijNxtz8Sh7L27KUt8
Futakotamagawa Location - https://goo.gl/maps/ijNxtz8Sh7L27KUt8
- Bonus - Full-Time
Lesson plans are pre-made with monthly training sessions on how to deliver the lesson.
So everything is ready to give a high-quality lesson, at the same time you have some freedom to add your own stuff to meet your student's needs (yes, because every kid is different!)
Example of Lesson Plan
Every activity has a video where the author of the course teaches it in action.
The position is available for immediate start.
When you send us a message or resume,
- Please let us know why you are interested in the position at Nico Kids English and your available date to start.
- What did you think after taking a look at our website or any videos posted by us?
- An example of some classroom materials or lesson plans you have created.
- Any demo lessons or videos of yourself teaching you think to represent your best work as a teacher.
- Please start your cover letter with your favorite joke.
Visit us online to get an idea of our school environment and culture:
Main Website: www.nicokids.jp
Online Lesson Website: www.nicokids.jp/online
Youtube: Nico Kids English on youtube
About Tokushima :
15 Best Things to Do in Tokushima
We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you very much for reading.
Nico Kids English
Japan, Tokushima, Yoshinogawa, 鴨島町上下島128-20