- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Salary 270000~300000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- Native level English Speakers
- Solo-teaching experience to children
- Energetic, not shy and love children (most of our students are kindergarten to elementary kids)
- Have a genuine passion for teaching
- Able to commit to work at least for one year, but long-term commitment expected.
- Basic Japanese
- Office work
- TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
We’re looking for teachers who have great PASSION for working with children, team players who also can independently allow their natural teaching talents to shine through on a daily basis. At Discovery, we offer a comfortable work environment, competitive salary, extensive benefits and an academic focused curriculum. Discovery has a comfortable working atmosphere. All teachers and staff members know one another. Our culture of learning is one of the rewarding aspects of working here.
Not just an English teacher: a team-member to develop the school together. You will be teaching, but also have a lot of say in course structure, curriculum planning, teacher training. If you are an educator that wants to make an impact, this is the job for you. We hope you will become a part of our colorful, spirited team.
Summary – The Job at a Glance
- Full time employment. 5 working days out of Mon – Sat, occasional Sundays. Approximately 20 hours of class time + 19 hours of teaching-related preparation / office work per week.
- Native-level English Speakers who are already living in Japan only. Visa sponsorship available.
- Solo teaching experience is a must.
- ￥270,000-300,000,000 per month (¥3.24 ~¥3.6 millions/year) for those with adequate, internationally-accredited qualifications (250,000 yen per month until such qualifications can be obtained) + extensive benefits, depending on ability and experience.
- Willing to pay more for the right candidate who has potential for a head teacher / trainer / managerial role in the near future
Working Days, Time and Location
- Teachers are assigned to 39 hours of work within the following days and time
- Monday to Saturday (Monday ~Friday : working days – Saturday and Sunday off or Tuesday~Saturday working and Sunday, Monday off)
- Currently half of the working time is class hours, and the rest is office work related to teaching (eg materials preparation, curriculum and lesson planning, preparing books for new students, etc). Class time may increase or decrease according to the development of the school. Teachers working at the kindergartens should spend some time with kids ( eg have lunch together, play outside, etc)
- Most classes start in the afternoon and end around 6:30pm except Saturday ( 5.00 PM and some kindergartens 5.00pm)
- Some morning classes (for the teachers working at kindergartens)
- Occasional events on Sundays (usually 2 times a years)
- For office work, work at home is encouraged to those who prove themselves with self-regulation and remote-work ethics
Location: The position may require the instructor to move around between locations. Transportation fees will be fully paid.
Chiba prefecture is one of Japan's most beautiful and convenient prefectures to live in Japan, surrounded by beautiful beaches, luscious greenery, delicious food, and wonderful people, our school is only 20 minutes far from the center of Tokyo.
– Our main School : Ichikawa city
– Ichikawa Gakuen kindergartens: Ichikawa city, Yachiyodai city, Inzai city.
– Other kindergartens : Ichihara city, Makuhari city, Chiba city.
- Solo-teaching and ensuring safety of children
- Lesson planning: materials, course structure, lesson framework, video and game resources are provided. Teachers plan details on what games to do and how to deliver the lessons according to the special needs of each class
- Lesson reporting: short after-class reports for parents to be written for every class
- School events: parties, summer camps, field trips – all the fun
- Classroom preparation: moving the tables and chairs around, cleaning up after, quick cleaning after snack time or a spill, etc.
Office work duties
- Curriculum planning, materials making & administrative duties: also including PC work, recording, cutting and laminating etc.
- Performance bonus
- Paid training
- Transportation allowance
- 15 paid holidays.
- Ears to listen to your suggestions, and heart to care
We believe that happy teachers make happy students. Staff are enrolled in a comprehensive employee benefit system after probation period.
- Professional Development Sponsorship
- Sponsored membership to ETJ
- Sponsored event fee for external workshops
- 8,000yen sponsorship to local 資格examination fees
- Congratulatory & Sympathy Money
- 10,000-20,000yen for marriage, child-birth, children entering elementary school or graduating from junior high school
- 5,000-50,000yen for hospitalization and death
- Free to 60% off English class tuition fee for staff’s children including summer camp.
- Japanese language assistance will be provided for setting up an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary.
Please send us an up to date resume in English, indicating:
- your visa type and expiry date
- your nationality
- when can you start working with us
- your Skype ID, days and times available for Skype chats
Please also attach a recent casual photo and a cover letter explaining why you would like to develop a career as an English teacher for young learners.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
- due to the vast amount of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a Skype interview and on-site demo lesson