- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
ENGLISH THROUGH DRAMA!
Teaching English in Japan should be a one of a kind experience! At Model Language Studio, our instructors use a totally original method that is highly effective and incredibly fun! Imagine teaching at an English school that puts an emphasis on getting its students out of the textbooks and on to the stage!
MLS was founded in 1974 and our instructors teach via our unique “English Through Drama” method. Our client base is diverse, including children of all ages, adults, international corporate companies, and even world-renown actors and singers. Our 30 schools are situated close to mainline stations within West Tokyo, Saitama, Yokohama, Kanagawa and Chiba. All of our studios put an emphasis on fun and creative expression–that means you’ll never have to wear a suit or teach in a cubical!
- Instructors are based within or with easy access to the Tokyo metropolitan area
- Class times: average start/end times are 10:00/19:00
- Schedule: Tuesdays to Saturdays with set weekly locations across the year
- Monthly Attendance Bonus: ¥5,000 on top of your salary for perfect attendance
- Paid set vacations: 9 days for Golden Week; 15 days for summer and 16 days for winter
- Transportation costs: to and from place of work is fully reimbursed
- Student ages: 6 months to 15 years old (with possibility of adult classes)
Successful candidates will have:
- Native level English (both spoken and written)
- A current and valid working visa (extension sponsorship OK)
- Some kind of teaching experience or training (preferably with ages 6 months – 15 years old)
- An interest in drama / performance art and an open, energetic, and creative personality
TRAINING and SUPPORT
Our instructors all receive comprehensive (and paid) training. We are there for you every step of the way! There are training and support meetings every Friday morning throughout the entire year for all 1st year instructors. Also, the MLS staff is always available to assist instructors to ensure they have all the tools needed to create great lessons. The curriculum is set, established and effective, but our teachers are encouraged to add their own creativity!
We will only be responding to candidates we wish to meet. Interview sessions are held at our Yoyogi studios, but often our first contact will be a short introductory phone call. (Please provide your most current contact information). For more details about the Drama Method and what is happening right now at MLS, please visit our website!
OVER TO YOU!
If you are excited about the English Through Drama method, and think you’d be a great addition to our growing community, send along your up to date resume, a cover letter explaining why you think you would excel at MLS (be creative!) and a recent picture (smile!) of yourself.