- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 230,000 - 250,000 JPY / Month Depending on ability to teach mathematics in addition to English
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
AIM Academy is currently looking for committed and motivated individuals to join our team! We are an all-English after-school academy located near Ishikawacho Station & Motomachi Chukagai Station in Yokohama.
Tutors will teach English language arts following our original curriculum and using materials that are provided. Most students are bi-cultural international school students and returnees. All lessons are taught in a 1-to-1, 1-to-3 or 1-to-6 setting and entirely in English.
This full-time position is ideal for outstanding individuals with a passion for teaching and helping others reach their goals.
Teachers will continue to teach the same students every week, so it’s great chance to build rapports and really get to know and help your students on a personal level. Mentors, leaders, and motivators are desirable here. Cancellations and make-up lessons happen, so flexibility is also necessary.
3 month probation period (230,000 yen per month for a purely English teaching position)
Non-probation contract after probation period (230,000 per month for a purely English teaching position)
Transportation will be compensated fully.
– have a passion for teaching
– have strong interpersonal skills
– care about the student’s learning and enjoyment throughout the lesson
– be able to develop a positive rapport with students and colleagues through an energetic and supportive medium
– have an interest in personal growth
– be able to conduct structured yet exciting and high powered lessons
– be a team player and be ready to contribute to making the classroom a positive environment for both the students and teachers
– be flexible to sudden changes and cancellations
– have excellent and timely communication skills
– be open to feedback and criticism
– be a problem solver
– have a growth mindset
This position is not suitable for people who are set in their ways, not open to trying new things, or lack a desire to grow.
– be a native speaker of English
Not necessary but preferred skills:
– knowledge or experience in International Schools and the IB program
– English-Japanese Bilinguals preferred (English proficiency is a must)
– have prior teaching experience
If interested, please send your CV with a cover letter, photo and 2 references.
Only those that pass the initial screening process will be notified.