- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Salary ¥240,000 - ¥255,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
ALTIA CENTRAL is once again accepting applications from overseas candidates to join our team of fantastic ALTs from September 2020 and beyond. If you would like to live and work in Japan, or make a return to Japan and work with one of the most reputable and successful companies in the ALT industry, then please apply now.
What We Offer:
We want to help you grow and develop to become a great ALT. The skills and experiences you gain and hone with us as an ALT, will in turn greatly benefit you in a wide variety of ways throughout your future careers. Along with our team of highly experienced native-English speaking supervisors, we can offer you:
- Industry-leading training
- Professional and reliable support
- Top-quality educational resources and materials
- Full salary every month, no prorated months, paid on-time every time
- Comprehensive benefits package with generous paid vacation periods
- Health insurance, transportation and housing support
But don’t take our word for it, see for yourself what others say on sites like Glassdoor and Reddit.
- Our ideal applicant is a native English speaker with a bachelor’s degree (or higher).
- They should be charismatic and enthusiastic, flexible and culturally sensitive, and motivated to go the extra mile to provide a positive communicative experience for students.
- We would also prefer applicants who have previously spent some time studying or working in Japan, and conversational or at least basic Japanese language skills are necessary.
- As many ALT positions do require driving, applicants who can or would be able to drive in Japan on either a Japanese license or International Driving Permit are preferred.
ALTs work in public schools assisting Japanese teachers, helping to provide enjoyable and energetic lessons, and interacting with the students both inside and outside the classroom. Working as an ALT is a great opportunity to improve your Japanese language ability through cooperation with Japanese staff, to experience and appreciate cultural differences, and most importantly, to be positively involved with the development and well-being of Japanese kindergarten, elementary and junior high school students.
ALTIA CENTRAL enjoys an excellent reputation, positive relationships with Boards of Education, and is respected by the English teaching community in Japan, which both our ALTs and management staff work very hard to maintain. Our contracts are largely based in central Japan, mostly in Aichi, Gifu, and Shizuoka prefectures; with a strong presence in Okayama and Hiroshima; a number of contracts in Shiga, Mie, Nagano, and Fukui; as well as a limited number of positions in Osaka and the greater Kansai area. If you are focused on going to Osaka and Osaka only, we will most likely not be able to help you out, and we do not have any positions in or near the greater Tokyo area at all.
The Application Process:
Once we receive your resume and cover letter, we will reply to qualified applicants via email. Those that then pass our subsequent screening questionnaire will be invited to an interview. Unfortunately, due to the current conditions caused by the coronavirus, we will be forgoing our normal face to face interviews and instead resort to a Skype-only system for overseas applicants this spring.
Typically, in May and June each year, and again in October and November, we conduct overseas interviews in a limited number of locations. In the US we interview in New York, Chicago, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Tampa, Austin, Denver, Los Angeles, and Seattle; in London, England; and in Brisbane and Melbourne, Australia.
Successful applicants will need to be available for a full 4-day Orientation/Training session before starting in school. If you are interested in applying and have the work ethic and enthusiasm to represent our values while making a real difference in Japan’s public schools, please visit our Recruiting website for further details about ALTIA CENTRAL.
*Note: Please understand that only applicants considered for interview will be contacted.
*Please note: If you are using a Yahoo email address, unfortunately we must ask that you contact us with a different email as we are unable to send emails to any address that goes through the yahoo email servers at this time. We are working to correct the problem, but as of now if you contacted us or applied with a yahoo email, we will be unable to respond.