- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000 - JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Please read the description carefully before applying. We will be collecting and assessing resumes during the month of October (2019) and be in contact starting in early November!
ELF Kids English school is looking to fill a full-time teaching position for our school in Shiga Prefecture.
The ideal candidate:
- genuinely enjoys working with children.
- has a fun, caring and creative personality.
- is comfortable teaching in a smaller classroom environment (~6 kids).
- enjoys singing, dancing and knows how to tell stories (or is willing to learn).
- is comfortable using both old and new teaching tools (whiteboards, flashcards, iPads/Apps, etc.) or willing to learn.
- is reliable, dependable and communicates well with others.
- is willing to ask for help, advice or training.
- is committed to professional development and keen to become a better teacher.
Position and Salary Details:
- 4~5 classes/day
- 5-day work week + events
- Salary: ¥250,000 ~ (annual increases)
- Paid Vacation: Summer, Winter and Golden Week (about 25 days)
- Visa sponsorship or renewal possible
- Furnished apartment available
- AT LEAST 1 year of teaching experience with younger learners (please do not apply if you have no teaching experience)
- 4-year university degree
- TESOL or other certifications preferred.
Tell me about ELF Kids:
ELF Kids is a part of ELF Learning (Everyone Loves Fun Learning!), an independent publisher that creates music, videos, textbooks and other materials for children. Our original curriculum aims to help children learn to communicate in English as naturally as possible through:
- songs and stories (2~5 years old)
- reading, writing and acting (6~9)
- public speaking and conversations (10~12)
We place a heavy focus on Extensive Reading and have a large lending library with an automated checkout system (beep-beep) to encourage and motivate our students to read.
Our school is located in Omihachiman City, a smallish town of around 100,000 people in central Shiga. Omihachiman is a very easy place to live and work, and its centralized location means you’re only a short train ride from Kyoto (30 minutes), Osaka (60), Kobe or Nagoya (75).
Shiga is also the home of Lake Biwa, the largest lake in Japan. It’s an ideal location for hiking, cycling, swimming, camping and other outdoor activities.