- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Wholesale / Retail
- Salary 180,000~250,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
We’re currently searching for a full-time written content creator to join our team. Only basic Japanese is required for this position!
We are looking for someone who is not just passionate about writing, but also loves anime and Japanese culture. We want to create content that will enrich the anime community, so our ideal content creator will be incredibly creative in thinking outside the box. We aren’t looking to create the same content as everyone else, so coming up with unique ideas will be critical.
You’ll be tasked with developing and executing content ideas. Our content creator will focus solely on written content, although camera skills/experience will be helpful for future projects. Examples of projects include product reviews, collection and item descriptions, long-form blogs, social media posts and scriptwriting.
We are looking for a content creator who is especially successful with solo work, although collaboration with our team will be frequent and required. If you feel like you would be a good fit for this position, please submit at least one writing sample with your resume/CV and cover letter. We prefer published samples (print or digital), but independent samples may be considered.
Failure to include a writing sample will automatically disqualify your application – if you do not have any writing samples to submit, please do not apply for this position.
Established over 10 years ago, we are a successful global retailer of anime merchandise and Japanese games and electronics. Our company is run by young, mostly foreign staff and we’re focused on using the newest technologies to operate and grow our business efficiently. We handle a wide assortment of products related to anime, video games, electronics, music and books.
- Research and create a variety of content ideas
- Identify customers’ needs and recommend new topics
- Collaborate with our team to establish campaign objectives, complete tasks, and identify and solve problems
- Suggest new ways to promote company offerings and to reach consumers
- Prepare well-structured and comprehensive drafts for review while keeping with deadlines
- Native Level English skills
- Basic Japanese (JLPT 4 or above)
- Experience creating strong, engaging content
- A sample of applicable outputs
- Excellent research, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work on your own, efficiently without compromising quality or accuracy
- Ability to discuss and explain content options/choices, as well as accept constructive criticism
- Ability to take responsibility and follow through with projects
- Computer skills (Typing, Low level Excel)
- Willingness to improve yourself and the company
- Working in a small team of mostly foreigners
- Opportunity to influence and grow the business
- Actual Vacation days (flexible and long term)
- Train commute expenses covered up to ¥10,000
Monday to Friday: 40h/week
Flexible hours (core office hours: 9:00 to 21:00)