- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary Between 11,500 to 13,000 JPY JPY / Day Paid in monthly installments
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Borderlink, Inc. is currently seeking Assistant Language Teachers (ALT) for daily-rate elementary and junior high positions throughout Tokyo. These positions start from April 2020 and prove to be very popular with those looking for part-time work, so apply now to secure one for yourself!
◊About Daily Positions
ALTs work in public elementary and junior high schools, teaching alongside Japanese teachers, helping to facilitate English language instruction. During the day you’ll have the chance to interact with students outside the classroom as well, helping to create an atmosphere of cultural exchange and understanding. ALTs work during school hours, affording you a work-life balance that lets you grow professionally, while also having the time to enjoy Japan and its culture.
Daily (part-time) positions are an excellent opportunity to further your teaching career at a more relaxed pace. They allow more flexible schedules than working in a monthly (full-time) position, and are perfect for supplementing income from other work. These positions allow you to teach some days out of the week (in accordance with the schedule) with non-working days left free for other commitments. General working hours are between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm (Actual working hours are within 7 hours 45 minutes).
If you’re new to ALT work, working in a daily position is a solid way to gain experience should you decide to transition to being a monthly position ALT in the future. For veteran ALTs, the daily position schedule and reduced workload grants you more freedom to pursue other interests and work outside of your school obligations. All ALTs with Borderlink are provided with a yearly calendar which will help manage their schedule.
● Location: Greater Tokyo Area (within the 23 wards and surrounding cities- please inquire!)
● Contract Period: April 2020 to March 2021
● Total working days: Between 90 (2-3 days a week) to 155 (4-5 days a week)
● Contract Type: Daily (Part-Time)
● Level: Elementary and/or junior high schools
● Working Hours: Between 8:00 am to 6:00 pm (varies by position)
● Salary range: Between 11,500 to 13,500 JPY/day (paid in monthly installments)
We provide initial training before you start and continuing training throughout the year. We also supply you with teaching materials and access to our library of educational resources (worksheets, flashcards, etc.) With all these tools in your kit, you’ll be able to build onto what you’ve learned elsewhere to become a highly-valued and experienced teacher.
Other benefits include:
● Visa assistance (where applicable)
● Help with relocation & finding housing
● Round-the-clock support
● Work regular school hours, allowing you to enjoy your evenings
● Free weekends and national holidays, plus school vacation periods (in addition to non-working days on your schedule)
● ALTs will also be provided a yearly calendar to help manage their other commitments
Please carefully read over all requirements below:
● Must already be living in Japan with a valid visa permitting work (sorry, we cannot accept Tourist/Temporary visas)
● Conversational Japanese abilities, able to communicate with teachers
● University graduate with a bachelor’s degree or higher, and 12 years of education where the primary language was English
● Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Borderlink is well-known and respected among schools and boards of education. We provide a level of training and after-placement support unparalleled among ALT companies, including relocation assistance and visa sponsorship. Recently we’ve been expanding, and are looking to create a strong roster of ALTs across the country. We’re ready to believe in your possibility, and help you realize your potential as a teacher. Many in our management team began as ALTs or teachers themselves, and over the years accumulated the knowledge and skills to pass on to others. At Borderlink, there’s always room for growth, both as individuals and as a team.
◊Are You Ready? Apply Now!
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we are accepting applications now! We conduct Skype interviews regularly throughout the week, and welcome applicants from all over Japan.
We’re waiting to hear from you, so please apply today! And thank you for your interest in working with Borderlink!
*Please note that as we receive a high number of applicants, only those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview.