- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 1500 ~ 2500 JPY / Lesson (Depending on Qualifications, Skills, Experience)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
We are a small, friendly conversation school, just opening our second school in the Mizue – Shinozaki area of Edogawaku (Toei Shinjuku Line). We are looking for native level part time teachers to help.
We teach all levels from kindergarten to adults, but mainly elementary and junior high school students in groups of about 4-6 students. Most (but not all) lessons are between 3pm and 8pm on weekdays, or 9am and 12pm at weekends.
Initially, we are offering 3 lessons minimum per day, 2 or 3 days per week, during which time, if there are no students in a class, you would assist with making materials and resources.
As students join your classes we will increase your hourly rate.
We expect the number of lessons to grow based on demand and your availability.
Full time may also be a future possibility for the right teacher.
- Teaching English to students (children and adults). 50 minute classes.
- Conducting demo lessons to prospective students.
- Assist with making materials and resources (your own ideas for these are welcome).
- Pay 1500 ~ 2500 per lesson (depending on duties, experience, skills, and qualifications).
- Transportation up to 1000 yen per day.
- Bonus for demo lessons when students join a class.
- Paid orientation / training.
- Follow-up training and support if required.
- Native Level
- Preferably you are experienced and qualified
- Reliable, punctual, and professional
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Passionate about teaching and encouraging your students
- Take pride in the progress of your students
- Ability to quickly build rapport with a variety of students
- Have current visa and permission to work (we do not offer sponsorship)
- Japanese language skills not necessary (we have other bilingual staff)
Please send us your CV and a cover letter telling us your availability.