- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary From JPY 1,800 to JPY 2,400 JPY / Hour
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
Foundations International School in Tokyo is looking for a Full-time/Part-time teacher.
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified teacher /educator who is passionate about education and is willing and able to contribute to our new school and student life in a wide variety of ways. We will teach children aged 18 months up to 12 years old at our school through activities such as music, arts, craft, science and games in order to develop their imagination and create an engaging environment where they can have fun while learning English.
Essential teaching requirements include:
- Native English speaker from a native English-speaking country
- Three or more years of current teaching experience in Preschool (Age of 2- 3 years old) and Afternoon Class (Age of 3 – 12 years old).
- Familiarity with best practice methodologies as they apply to teaching a diverse student body as well as evidence of recent professional growth activities
- Having the ability to create/follow the school’s lesson plans using the materials provided.
- Comfortable contributing to and working in a team environment
- Must be active and energetic, and have enthusiasm in teaching children
- Professional and have excellent communication skills
- Punctual, responsible, flexible and reliable
- Currently residing in Japan with a valid Working visa / Student visa
The position involves planning lessons under the school guidance, running circle-times and providing rich learning experiences for children in our classes.
TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, certified teacher qualifications or Degree
Transportation fees (Max. JPY 10,000 per month)
Position: Full-time / Part-time
Starting Salary: From JPY 1,800 to 2,500 / per hour in class (depending on experience, skills and qualifications) Initial contract one year with one month probationary period (JPY 1,800)
i) Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10:00 am to 18:30 pm (7.5 hours + Lunch break) for Preschool and one or two afternoon classes.
ii) Tuesday to Friday 14:30 to 18:30 (4 hours) for two afternoon classes.
*Occasional special events held on Saturdays & Sundays.
Work period: From April 7th
Working days: At least 3 days a week
Contract terms: One month training period and One-year contract with possible renewal.
Heiwadai Nerima-ku, Tokyo 7-minute walk from Heiwadai station
Please apply with Resume, Photo and Cover letter on
Only successful candidates will be contacted for this position.