- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250000 ~ 320000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Wonderful World International School has two (2) full time preschool teacher positions available for the 2020 school year (April start).
We are looking for motivated, energetic applicants who enjoy working with young children to see them reach their full potential. As one of our valued preschool teachers, you will teach the same class of children for the whole academic year and be able to see real developments in both their personalities and language skills i.e. the results of your hard work. It is a highly rewarding position that is best suited for those who have a genuine passion for seeing students grow and learn.
We foster a love for learning and exploring and are looking for teachers with the ability to connect with the students and create a positive, caring, meaningful, and learning-centered classroom environment. Our students are fun, energetic, love coming to school and are able to function in an all-English environment. Together with a Japanese assistant you will be responsible for a class of up to 20 students (3 or 4 year olds). A typical day involves welcoming the students, attendance, english / phonics lessons, play time, lunch, then afternoon lessons and activities (such as art, music, drama, science etc.) The curriculum and materials are set, however, within this framework, teachers, have a great deal of freedom to implement their own ideas and activities based on the students’ needs at the time.
Position: Native English preschool teacher
Start: April 2020
Days: Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday
(M-F) 9am to 3pm or 9am to 6pm or 7pm* (including after school lessons) *not every day
(Sat) 9:45 to 14:45
Plus 4-5 events throughout the year (Sat or Sun), according to the school calendar.
Schedule and hours will be decided in consultation with the employee
Location: Toyokawa, Aichi
- 250,000 to 320,000yen per month based on experience, qualifications and hours worked.
- Health and pension coverage
- Paid transport (up to 20,000 per month)
Job term: Initial contract of 1 year, renewal and longer contracts / job security will be available for the right candidates.
Golden Week: approx 10 days
Summer: approx 10 days
Winter: approx 15 days
All public holidays off
Advancement: For the right candidates, advancement into head teacher and management positions is a possibility.
Assistance: Non-financial relocation assistance (moving help with our van, house hunting, guarantor support etc) is available if required.
- Be a native English speaker
- Have one year or more experience teaching children
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Currently reside in Japan
- Hold a valid working visa (sponsorship for extension is possible)
- Experience teaching young children
- Experience teaching in an international preschool
- Experience in curriculum planning and development
- Music / Art / Drama skills or experience
- Intermediate Japanese ability
Email: [email protected]
Applications accepted via jobsinjapan.com or directly emailing cover letter and resume to the email address above.