- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Information Technology
- Salary 250,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Business Level
- Japanese Level Fluent
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Our company is built of the quality of the service that we provide to our client whether that is maintenance managed professional or the actual technology itself as service. It is all a service. So no matter how strong you are in a technology you are unlikely to be a successful applicant for this role without a proven track record in delivery industry best client services. At TRT we service clients not technology a subtle but key differentiation. In addition, we are looking for applicants that are willing to grow into cross technology specialists as storage networking or server specialists instead of vendor based specialists. The successful applicant must display a resilience in their previous work history that has meant that they have learnt and achieved where others failed to.
The primary functions of a Field Engineer are to resolve incidents that are raised by our customers, and to implement changes and improvements required by customers. Incidents and changes can be related to UNIX and Wintel servers, tape libraries/drives, storage devices, printers and various other pieces of equipment.
· Onsite break-fix hardware maintenance
· UNIX and Windows Operating System support (onsite)
· Problem Management
· Incident Response
· Customer Communication
Provide assistance to the GSD Team by working on any ‘open’ or ‘pending’ service call.
Conduct onsite physical and logical audit for proactive sparing
Perform quarterly onsite preventive maintenance per assigned customer
Create preventive maintenance reports
Create incident reports as required
· Updating TRT internal procedures
· Updating TRT Knowledge Base for future service calls
· Learning additional technical and non-technical skills.
- Ensure all logged incidents are resolved within SLAs
- Ensure all customer communication is prompt, professional and reliable.
- Ensure all commitments made to customers are met, or re-scheduled with the customer’s knowledge and approval
- Escalate calls through correct channels in a timely manner
- Continuously learn additional technical and non-technical skills
- 24 x 7 Support Structure
- Comply fully with company policy to protect the interests of TRT at all times
Break/Fix Hardware Maintenance:
- Identifying failed hardware
- Involve L2 and/or L3 support as and when necessary
- Documentation of problem resolutions into TRT’s knowledge base
- Ensure procedures are properly followed when onsite.
- Escalation to L2 and/or L3 for DR Execution
- Call management
- Appropriate escalation to Field Engineer Team Leader when necessary
- Logistics and Service Partner Coordination:
- Coordination with GSD Division for parts needed for a particular call
- Coordination with GSD Division for Inventory Movements.
Service Call Updates:
- Ensure that all onsite service calls under your responsibility are updated to the GSD Team in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that the technical work areas remain clean and organized at all times.
- Ensure that the warehouse remains clean and organized where practical.
- Ensure that you adhere to ESD procedures.
- Ensure that you adhere to all OHS requirements, including for lifting, cabling, rack-mounting, and equipment in rooms is not obstructing walkways.
What Are We Looking For:
- Attend pre-sales meetings, conduct solution design and presentations and answer technical queries from the customer.
- Provide technical guidance and support to Global Support Delivery (GSD) and Field Engineers (FE) for escalated service calls.
- Attend the customer site when necessary to perform escalated hardware or software fault resolution.
- Document technical procedures and processes and update TRT knowledge database from time to time.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUMES IN ENGLISH. Applications that are not in this language will not be considered.
- Candidates must possess a College Degree. With Training and Certification would be an advantage.
- Depending on the FE’s primary skillset(s) maintain minimum certification on each of the technologies.
- Hardware Certification on Various Hardware platforms
- Strong understanding of Windows/Unix fundamentals
- AIX – IBM Certified System Expert
- IBM Storage – IBM Certified Specialist – Midrange Storage Technical Support
- Linux – Linux Professional Institute – Certification 2 or RedHat Certified System Administrator
- Microsoft – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure
- HP-UX – HP-UX Certified System Engineer
- Solaris – Oracle Certified Professional
- VMWare – VMWare Certified Professional
- TSM – IBM Certified Deployment Professional
- Must have 4 years up of experience handling onsite break-fix hardware device maintenance, IT Server, Storage and Networking Operating System support.
- With 4 years up of experience in networking server and storage hardware and software.
- Must have exposure/experience in Analysis of UNIX and Windows related software problems and UNIX and Windows operating system patching to resolve known problems.
- Willing to be assigned in any TRT office location, and to travel to TRT offices globally on as needed basis.