- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Salary 3.0 to 3.24 million JPY / Year
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Be a native-level speaker of English with basic Japanese ability
- Demonstrate a history of success working in positions of responsibility, preferably in a classroom environment or teaching role
- Have an understanding of Japanese business norms and practices and be willing to work within them
- Show a true passion for teaching with great communication skills
- Be outgoing and a self-starter willing to take on responsibility
- Hold, or be able to qualify for, the proper Japanese status of residency
Kids Duo International (KDI), part of the Yaruki Switch Group with schools in the greater Tokyo area, are looking for motivated and outgoing preschool instructors to staff three new schools scheduled to open in April next year (employment contracts for these positions will start in December 2018). The KDI model focuses on motivating their students by using their natural curiosity in the world around them to help them realize their unlimited potential. The daily schedule includes plenty of time for play and experiential learning and physical development through physical education. Unlike most other preschools the English teaching staff will be there right alongside their students in all classes.
As a Preschool Instructor you can expect to:
- Plan, design and deliver English lessons, incorporating new activities, games songs etc. as necessary
- Conduct regular evaluation of student progress, write reports and consider specific plan to help students reach their language goals
- Be an active member of the schools staff working in close cooperation with Japanese coworkers and communicating with students’ parents/guardians
- Assist teachers of other subjects with their classes, actively participate in physical education and other student activities, attend school event days and so on.
- Addresses issues common to young daycare students to insure a safe and hygienic school environment
- 1 year employment contract (renewable by mutual consent with a starting salary between 3.0 to 3.24 million yen per year
- Work 5 days a week (which may include Saturdays), up to 9 hours per shift, sometime between 7:30 AM and 9 PM
- Enrollment in National Health and Pension schemes, Employment Insurance and Industrial Accident Compensation Insurance
**Details such as payment of transportation costs, paid leave and other conditions will vary depending on work location. Full details will be provided ahead of a job offer.
KDI’s screening process will consist of two interviews with the potential for a demo lesson and/or practical skills test. Further details will be provided over the course of the screening process.