- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥3,500,000-¥3,840,000 JPY / Year / Good salary scale
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Starting April 2020 (immediate/earlier start possible) experienced teacher required for international school in Tarumi, Kobe.
Please include a cover letter explaining why you are interested in teaching with KOBILS and which career path below you are applying for. Applicants without cover letters or with generic cover letters will not receive a response.
The successful candidate will have at least four years experience teaching children, strong writing skills, be interested in professional development, and be enthusiastic working with children from age 2 to 18, beginner to native speaker.
We have three different career paths available:
- Trained teacher (with teaching license from home country) for elementary school homeroom position from April 2020.
- Trained teacher with early childhood experience for Kindergarten position from April 2020.
- Teacher, trained or with experience and EFL qualifications (preferred), for afterschool/evening and Saturday program (start any time).
KOBILS opened an elementary school in 2017 which is growing one grade level a year, and is also expanding at the Kindergarten/daycare level, so there are lots of opportunities for further promotion and leadership roles. KOBILS is currently involved in a big push to increase digital content in the classroom so possible digital team leaders with strong computer/technology skills are highly sought after. Teachers with a background in music and/or drama, PE, or video/photography are also encouraged to apply. Please list any special skills you have.
At KOBILS we put an emphasis on individual learning and progress and encouraging independence and a love of learning. Candidates’ teaching philosophies should also reflect this.
Experience, enthusiasm, and the ability to work unsupervised are key requirements. All teachers MUST have strong computer skills. Japanese skills are helpful although Japanese is not usually used in the classroom.
Benefits include 35 paid holidays a year including most public holidays. Accommodation (up to 3LDK) can be provided and sponsored at a competitive rental rate; moving assistance is available; shakai hoken health insurance/pension provided. Child-care and/or heavily subsidized tuition is available for children aged 6 months – 10 years old. Subsidized after school classes are available for older children.
Minimum two year commitment. Earlier (before April) start possible, but teachers starting early must be flexible and open to working across the school until April.