- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000 JPY / Month
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Looking for an exciting teaching position which allows you to experience a variety of environments and teach a wide variety of people? This job may not be considered the “typical” eikaiwa job.
Here are points of why someone would like this kind of job:
- Varied teaching experience teaching Children and Adults: We love people who are warm, friendly, have a good sense of humor, and flexible as you’ll be meeting a lot of different kinds of people!
- Great working environment
- Various environments to work in (our school, offices, cultural centers)
- Start your days later: Great for people who love sleeping in!
- Curriculum: 28 years in the making!
- Work-life balance: 40 hours per week max / 25 lessons in a week
At a Glance
Contract: 1-year renewable
Location: Hiroshima City
Work hours: 5 days a week, 40 hours maximum of 25 teaching hours
Salary: 250,000 yen / month
Holidays: National holidays, Christmas vacation & New Year holidays, Golden Week, Summer Holiday, Paid holidays
Example working times: Tue. 2PM-9PM, Wed. 12PM-9PM (1hour lunch break), Thur. 10AM-9PM (1hour lunch break), Fri. 2PM-9PM, Sat. 10AM-7PM (1hour lunch break)
About the Company (read more at the bottom)
Established in 1992, the company is a Language Institute which offers a variety of language studies from including English, French, Italian, Spain, and German.
We have all levels and ages of students, from pre-kindergarten to college professors, and each teacher has a variety of classes. In addition to regular conversation classes, we offer TOEIC Preparatory Courses, English Conversation for Traveling and such unique courses as “Let’s Introduce Japanese Culture in English”.
- Housing search and assistance available: We help find you a home close to our school
- Paid Holidays: National Holidays, Christmas Vacation & New Year Holidays, Golden Week, and Summer Holiday
- Health insurance: Half of your health insurance paid by the company,
- Paid training
- Visa sponsorship and renewal
- Native English language ability
- English Teaching Experience in Japan
- Valid working visa (only taking applicants from Japan)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Be genuinely interested in Japanese culture and learning the language
- BA in English /Linguistics/Language Arts
- Japanese Conversational Level
- Computer skills, programming skills, good with kids and adult beginner students
Note: We will only respond to qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements. However, if you live outside of Japan, please feel free to apply. We can direct you to our other positions.
What does a normal day look like?:
This is a full-time job. The 40 working hours include a maximum of 25 teaching hours. Usually, kids classes are from 15:30 to 18:00, and adults lessons from 18:20 to 21:00. During the day, we also have some classes at companies, culture centers and kindergartens.
A set curriculum which took years and years to create is fully provided by our company.
Classes at ArtLingual have different lengths. Kids lessons are 30, 40 or 45 minutes, depending on the age of the students, and adult lessons are usually 50 minutes (but can be longer in outside lessons). Instructors teacher mainly in small group settings of 5 to 6 students.
Non-teaching hours are used to prepare lessons, travel to outside customer’s offices, or to help ArtLingual with school-related matters.
There are only 3 spots available in our Hiroshima City school! Positions will fill up fast! From now to March is the peak season of hiring. To ensure you get a chance for this position, apply now.
We’re looking forward to meeting you, awesome teachers!
More about the company:
Our name, “Art” “Lingual” means “the art of language”, because we are a place where you can learn the joy of language and the pleasure of speaking. Our broader aim lies in the “Art” of communication by which individuals can convey their feelings to one another in order to improve mutual understanding. For this purpose, we provide our students with well-balanced lessons, teaching grammar and vocabulary, training listening comprehension and developing also writing and reading skills, so that they learn to communicate as quickly as possible. We teach with games, songs and a positive motivating attitude to ensure that we are always having a lot of fun in our classes.