- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary From 270,000 JPY / Month Based on qualifications and experience.
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
What we’re looking for:
An experienced and fun kids’/adults’ teacher to join our friendly team in our foreigner owned English School in Kita-Horie, Osaka. We strive to teach a high level of English to all our students and therefore are looking for a teacher who takes pride in their teaching skills and who can get results for their students. We are not looking for a human tape recorder, but rather someone who can take ownership of their classes and push their students’ English to the next level. The ideal applicant will have a strong work ethic, and be self motivated. Our business is growing and we are looking for team members who can grow with us. Please see www.properenglish.jp for more of an idea of what we do in our school (especially the gallery).
- Full time position – To start from March 2020
- Location – Osaka, Kita-Horie close to Yotsubashi Station/Nishi-Ohashi Station
- Working Days – Tuesday – Saturday.
- Shift patterns are primarily 12:00 – 21:00, with some days being 9:00 – 18:00 or 10:00 – 19:00 (actual teaching time around 5 hours a day).
We teach both kids and adults in a fun and friendly environment throughout the day. Some lessons are in school, and occasionally lessons may be taught in another location. Teachers create their own lesson plans (within the school curriculum), and teach them in a fun, educational and professional manner.
The successful applicant will be required to work both as part of a small team, and also individually. They must be able to work independently with excellent time management/prioritisation skills.
- Salary – 270,000 yen～ per month based on qualifications and experience.
- Healthcare/Pension (Shakaihoken) and Employment Insurance are covered.
- Commutation (up to 15,000円 per month).
- Work in a fun and friendly team in a foreigner owned/run company.
- Training and opportunities to take on more responsibility as the company grows.
All applicants –
– must be a native speaker of English.
– currently reside in Japan and hold a valid visa to work in Japan (although sponsorship is available)
– have previous experience working with both adults and young children.
– Teaching qualifications (CELTA, TOEFL etc…) and higher level Japanese skills are desirable, but not essential.
-Basic conversational Japanese is necessary in some of the classes, so please do not apply if you are unable to speak Japanese.
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted and asked to attend interviews, and conduct a demonstration lesson.