- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Salary 3000~ JPY / Hour
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
At Discovery, we offer an amazing work environment and a comfortable working atmosphere. Our culture of learning is one of the rewarding aspects of working here.We’re looking for teachers who have great passion for working with children, team players who also can independently allow their natural teaching talents to shine through on a daily basis. Also, we offer competitive salary and extensive benefits. If you are an educator that wants to make an impact, this is the job for you. We hope you will become a part of our colourful, spirited team.
Part time teachers at Discovery are welcome to become Full time teachers the following year or earlier if there’s an opening.
- Native level English Speakers
- Solo-teaching experience to children
- Energetic, love children (most of our students are kindergarten to elementary kids)
- Have a genuine passion for teaching
- Able to commit to work at least until end of March 2021.
- Conversational Japanese
- Office work
- TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, or certified teacher qualifications
Summary – The Job at a Glance
- Part time employment. working days : Monday ( Wednesday position available but in another location: Inzai city) . 2 to 3 hours of class time + 1 hours of teaching-related preparation.
- Native-level English Speakers who are already living in Japan only. Visa sponsorship available.
- Solo teaching experience is a must.
- ¥3000 ~ per hour (depending on ability and performance)
- Extensive benefits, depending on ability and experience.
- Semi Full time position available : 4 hours/day from Monday to Wednesday (2 teaching hours and (2,00 PM to 6.00PM) – Salary : ¥80000~
Working Days, Time and Location
Monday and Wednesday /Monday to Wednesday.
- 2 to 3 teaching hours and preparation time.
Location: The position may require the instructor to move around between locations. Transportation fees will be fully paid.
- Solo-teaching and ensuring safety of children
- Lesson planning: materials, course structure, lesson framework, video and game resources are provided. Teachers plan details on what games to do and how to deliver the lessons according to the special needs of each class
- Lesson reporting: short after-class reports for parents to be written for every class
- School events: parties, summer camps, field trips – all the fun
- Classroom preparation: moving the tables and chairs around, cleaning up after.
Office work duties
- Materials making & administrative duties: also including PC work, recording, cutting and laminating etc.
- Performance bonus
- Paid training
- Transportation allowance
- Paid holidays
- Ears to listen to your suggestions, and heart to care
We believe that happy teachers make happy students. Staff are enrolled in a comprehensive employee benefit system after probation period.
- Professional Development Sponsorship
- Sponsored membership to ETJ
- Sponsored event fee for external workshops
- Free to 60% off English class tuition fee for staff’s children including summer camp.
- Japanese language assistance will be provided for setting up an apartment, purchasing a car, and other lifestyle-related support, if necessary.
Please send us an up to date resume in English to [email protected] , indicating:
- your visa type and expiry date
- your nationality
- when can you start working with us
- Days and times available for a zoom session
Please also attach a recent casual photo and a cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!!