- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 250,000-300,000 JPY / Month Health/Pension/Transportation/Paid Holidays/ Enrolment incentives
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Other Languages Japanese a bonus
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Our organization has been providing the highest caliber of Early Childhood Education in Japan since 1998. We are branching out to Tochigi Prefecture and opening an Active Learning Center in MinamiGoya in NasuShiobara. We are seeking dynamic applicants to launch the inaugural ABC Active Learning Center! Programs will include preschool, English Classes, child and caregiver playground program and Afternoon school. To start, it will be a teaching team of 2 so we need applicants who can work without direct supervision and are team players who are flexible and eager to help build the school and enrolment. Please go to: www.abcactivelearning.com for more information on our programs.
- Our preschool program is inquiry based and reggio inspired. We are building a large loose parts playground in the back that is open ended and full of possibilities for exploration and hands on learning. There will be ample outdoor play time daily rain or shine so must be comfortable outdoors and love being creative with loose parts and creating open ended provocations for the children.
- Our ESL program from 3:30-5:30 daily will be using the Jolly English Program and the Cambridge International Primary ESL program.
- We do need people who are not afraid to get paint and dirt under their nails through process based art, gardening, school maintenance as well as help to promote the school. We love a can do attitude and hope to find a team that will feel a part of the school and stay long term. You will be supported daily through email and skype, and frequently from a team-member from Tokyo.
- Our organization is female Canadian owned. Our team firmly believes in supporting our teachers to grow and become the very best teachers that they can be.
- We are seeking one person who is bilingual who can communicate with parents, navigate a Japanese administrator app as well as who has English fluency. This position would also be a teacher so much have both preschool teaching and ESL teaching experience.
- Our other position is for primarily teaching, and as a support and team player with the other position.
- Applicants would need to live close enough to commute to MinamiGoya or be willing to relocate. The great news is that housing is EXTREMELY affordable compared to Tokyo! You can check out housing rentals for NasuShiobara to compare. The school will open March 30th although ideally we’d have some training in Tokyo at International School in Tokyo prior to starting.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something special from the start! We are looking to expand to multiple sites in Tochigi prefecture in the future so there will be future opportunities for advancement in the organization for the right applicants. We provide an online training portal, daily support, opportunities for advancement, health insurance, professional development, pension, transportation fee and paid holidays. The supervisory position will have enrolment incentives.
- Language requirements (English and Japanese Fluency for supervisor, Native English for teacher)
- MUST currently reside in Japan and be willing to relocate to be in commuting distance to NasuShiobara, Tochigi Prefectture
- Must have valid work visa
- Must have solid teaching experience in a preschool environment.
- ESL teaching an asset
- ECE Certificate, teaching licence, Hoikushi Licence a strong asset.
Possibility of schooling for your children at ALC if you have children under 6 years old.
Please understand that we will only reply to applicants that meet our requirements.
Please send a cover letter stating if you can relocate, when you are available to start and why you feel this opportunity is a great match for you.
We’re really excited to create a wonderful teaching team and a very special school!