- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 270,000 - 300,000 JPY / Month Depending on qualification and experience / teachers's license
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Are you looking for an Early Childhood Education teaching position in Nagoya, Japan?
Hisaya International Preschool (the preschool division of Happy English Club Ltd.) is looking for one (1) friendly and responsible full time INTERNATIONAL PRESCHOOL TEACHER to join our team.
Training: Sept. 2019
Start: Oct. 2019 (flexible)
What kind of teacher are we looking for?
You love teaching and enjoy working with young children. You have studied and understand Early Childhood Education theory. You understand TEFL teaching methods. You have a high EQ and good people skills. You know how to get along with managers and co-workers so we can strive toward our common goals as a team. You are able to listen to feedback (that means criticism) and incorporate these suggestions into your work routines.
The preschool team teaches children between the ages of 2 years to 6 years old. We teach using a blend of play based learning and more traditional age appropriate academic instruction. Our methods and approaches lead our students to achieve bilingualism in three years.
In return for your dedication, we provide a competitive salary and approximately 6 weeks of paid vacation time. A full and regular training program is also offered to all new entrants. We offer a career track and have assistant manager and manager positions for any teachers who are looking for something more long term. We also offer performance bonuses, contract completion bonuses and teaching license bonuses. Our policy is to recognize and reward superior performance.
Our mission is to improve children’s lives through English language education. Everyone who works here has this as a fundamental belief.
Required skills and experience:
1 Must be a native English speaker.
2 Must have prior ECE work experience.
3 Must have experience working as a part of a successful team.
4 Minimum 1 year (12 month) commitment to our school.
5 Must have a 4 year degree from an accredited university. Teaching license preferred
6 Should have a connection to Japan (prior work experience in Japan, foreign studies, Japanese language studies, family, etc.)
Please send (1) resume / CV and (2) a cover letter.
In your cover letter please indicate how many of the required skills you have.
Full time work / M – F
40 total work hours per week
6 weeks paid vacation per year
Salary range 1st year teacher 270,000 to 300,000 yen/month
Teaching License bonus / +10,000 yen
Performance bonus (variable)
Contract completion bonus / +100,000 yen
Visa sponsorship available
Housing assistance available
For more information check out homepage! Google = Hisaya International Preschool / Careers
Happy English Club / Hisaya International Preschool
• We better our student’s lives and open new opportunities through education.
• We care about our students.
• We use teaching methods that teach relevant and retainable skills.
• We inspire our students by believing in them.
• We learn from our students and co-workers.
• We strive to help each student reach his or her full potential.
Teamwork and Personal Responsibility:
• We work as a team to reach our goals.
• We focus on finding solutions and accept responsibility for our work.
• We work smart and we learn from the mistakes we make.
• We treat others with respect.
• We acknowledge high performance of those who do more than is called for.
• We encourage ownership of tasks and leadership.
Innovation, Efficiency and Creative Problem Solving:
• We strive to better ourselves and are committed to continually improving.
• We seek out and use best processes, procedures and activities that add value.
• We prioritize our work to reach our short, mid and long term company goals.
• We innovate and find new solutions when we are stuck on a problem.
• We are willing to take chances on new ideas and ways of doing business.
• We use established practices and processes that work well and are constantly trying to improve them.