- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Information Technology
- Salary competitive JPY / Month plus bonus/commision
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Business Level
- Other Languages Fluent Japanese
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship No
Do you have a passion for sales, success, and adventure? Do you have an immeasurable appetite for growth? This is a great opportunity for an independent sales career in Japan!
Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. It requires an individual who is extremely motivated, has excellent written communication skills, is charismatic over the phone, and detail oriented. If you have a competitive nature, sales experience, and you’re looking to build a career with a global company in technology sales this would be a great opportunity for you.
Profitero offers the latest customer relationship management (CRM) technology to help manage sales and leads, developmental training to help put your career in overdrive and all the tools needed to make this new and unique position a success.
Profitero is on the forefront of the eCommerce revolution, providing brands with analytics and insights that help them sell more products on leading eCommerce sites. We’re more than doubling our eCommerce business every year and looking for smart, competitive salespeople to fuel our momentum and help us grow even faster.
Profitero is growing fast and is looking for a Sales Manager (Japan) to drive sales in this key e-commerce region. The role will be based in Japan with the main focus on the Japanese market whilst working closely with our global teams in Shanghai, London and Boston.
The Sales Manager (Japan) will lead the Japanese sales efforts, securing profitable sales which deliver against clients local and regional business needs. The role will involve engaging directly with global and local manufacturers to win business from incumbent suppliers and greenfield prospects.
- Effectively deliver against a sales quota for Japan
- Build a robust sales pipeline which targets both locally based global companies as well as Japanese specific companies
- Gather competitive intelligence and customer feedback that enables Profitero to deliver best in class solutions within Japan
- Partner with the marketing team to develop lead generation and revenue generation programs (takeaway and greenfield), and to create high quality local language collateral
- Work with EMEA and US based colleagues to support Global pitches that include countries within Japan
- Collaborate with partner agencies to develop our presence in Japan
- Establish and maintain accurate sales forecast for the region
Candidates will be well versed and experienced in the Japanese (and possibly wider APAC) market with experience working for, or selling to large FMCG brands or Retailers and ideally will have sold software or market research. The ideal candidate will have a verifiable track record of successfully building a profitable sales pipeline and meeting aggressive sales targets.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Experience selling to large Retailers or FMCG brands market research, enterprise software or services solutions in Japan
- 3+ years of experience in a sales environment including a track record of consistently meeting sales targets
- Proven track record of building a sales strategy and associated pipeline from prospecting through to contract close
- Strong consultative sales skills including active listening, qualification, objection handling and building rapport
- Must be someone who is really excited by a challenge and being part of a growth machine.
- An energetic individual with a strong sense of urgency
- Experience of leveraging third parties to sell and market services
- Experienced working in an ever changing environment is strongly preferred
- Bachelors level college / university degree or equivalent experience
- Dynamic, highly articulate and enthusiastic
- Self-motivated with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment – both autonomously and as part of a global team
- Ability to communicate with and manage multiple stakeholders efficiently
- Sense of humour, personable, and an extrovert
We hire only the best and provide the compensation, bonus and benefit programs appropriate for proven top-performing professionals. We want our employees to have an opportunity to share in the financial success that results from our dedication to service excellence, high-quality deliverables and an unparalleled client experience.