- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 2,400 - 2,700 JPY / Hour Depending on experience and other skills one can bring to Spring
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
We are seeking a highly motivated, professional instructor who is friendly, ambitious, flexible and team orientated to join our growing English language school. Previous experience at a language school is advantageous as are teaching certifications.
While teaching experience is considered, it is not our most important concern. We believe the most important factors for English instructors are their sincere attention and connection to the students. The quality of our teachers as genuinely interested in teaching, caring about each individual student and making learning English an enjoyable/ rewarding experience are our strongest sales points.
Teachers find working at Spring enjoyable and rewarding. In addition to our ongoing teacher training, we also pay for our teachers to attend professional development events. We treat teachers with the respect which they have deserved, and hopefully earned.
- Native-level English speaker
- Experience teaching of all ages in Japan
- Understanding of Japanese Customs
- Work related visa
- Able to work on Saturdays
Compensation / work schedule
- Contract type: Part-time (additional hours and/or full-time employment considered in due course)
- Compensation: 2,400 – 2,700 yen depending on experience and qualifications.
- Bonus for teaching more than 5 classes, increased compensation for certified teachers
- Transportation fee reimbursed
- Salary increase & promotions are a possibility based on performance
- Teach conversational English from 1-6 students and classes of students from various backgrounds.
- Input student data at the end of each lesson.
As this is a part-time position, a valid work visa status to work in Japan is required.
We have Saturday classes available so let us know your schedule.
- Please apply with cover letter, resume including recent photo. Applications without photographs will not be considered.
- Any other skills or talents that we should know of? Are you good with photography, video, computers, design, etc., let us know.
- On your cover letter, please start the first paragraph with the word “Banana.” We want instructors that want to work at Spring and not those that just apply to any job.