- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 1,200-1,800/hr depending on experience and qualifications JPY / Hour Potential to become full time position after summer if wanted
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
Our organization has been providing the highest caliber of Early Childhood Education in Japan since 1998. We have branched out to Tochigi Prefecture and opened an Active Learning Center in MinamiGoya in NasuShiobara. We are seeking dynamic applicants to be teachers or assistant teachers for our Summer School at ABC Active Learning Center! Please go to: www.abcactivelearning.com for more information on our school and programs.
- Our school is inquiry based and reggio inspired. We are building a large loose parts playground in the back that is open ended and full of possibilities for exploration and hands on learning. There will be ample outdoor play time daily rain or shine so must be comfortable outdoors and love being creative with loose parts and creating open ended provocations for the children.
- We do need people who are not afraid to get paint and dirt under their nails through process based art, gardening, school maintenance as well as help to promote the school. We love a can do attitude and hope to find a team that will feel a part of the school and potentially join the team full time in September.
- Our organization is female Canadian owned. Our team firmly believes in supporting our teachers to grow and become the very best teachers that they can be.
- If you are bilingual who can communicate with parents, navigate a Japanese administrator app as well as who has English fluency although Japanese language is not mandatory.
- Both preschool teaching and ESL teaching experience preferred although a genuine gentle, caring, fun demeanor is equally as important!
- Applicants would need to live close enough to commute to MinamiGoya or be willing to relocate. The great news is that housing is EXTREMELY affordable compared to Tokyo! You can check out housing rentals for NasuShiobara to compare.
- If you join the teaching team after the summer we offer Benefits
- travel costs up to 15,000Yen/month covered
- One weekend at our company cabin in Nasu for all teachers.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something special from the start! We are looking to expand to multiple sites in Tochigi prefecture in the future so there will be future opportunities for advancement in the organization for the right applicants. For permanent team members we provide an online training portal, daily support, opportunities for advancement, health insurance, professional development, pension, transportation fee and paid holidays. The supervisory position will have enrolment incentives.
- Language requirements (English fluency required, clear English,, Japanese an asset)
- MUST currently reside in Japan and be willing to relocate to be in commuting distance to NasuShiobara, Tochigi Prefecture
- Must have valid work visa, Working holiday is ok if part time
- Teaching experience in a preschool environment or working with young chilren.
- ESL teaching an asset
- ECE Certificate, teaching licence, Hoikushi Licence a strong asset.
Possibility of schooling for your children at ALC if you have children under 6 years old.
Please understand that we will only reply to applicants that meet our requirements.
Please send a cover letter stating if you can relocate, when you are available to start and why you feel this opportunity is a great match for you.
We’re really excited to create a wonderful teaching team and a very special school!