- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary 5,000,000 JPY / Year bonus available based on performance
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
About Tokyo Academics
Tokyo Academics is Tokyo’s leading academic tutoring, test preparation, and college admissions counseling company, providing world-class education in the heart of Tokyo. TA is the passion project of a constellation of teachers, researchers, and academics in Tokyo, Japan. Since 2012, we’ve evolved from a few university friends tutoring at a tiny restaurant in Tokyo into an organization of academic, test prep, and college admissions experts, helping students to realize and reach their potential and capture the opportunities of the future.
Our tutors work with English-speaking, international students from 1st grade through 12th grade (and some post-graduate students), in various academic subjects, ranging from Latin and Debate to Computer Science and AP Physics. Most of our team is in Japan and in the Philippines, but we are growing our US-based team as well. Most of our students are located in Japan, but we also have students in the US, Europe, and other parts of Asia.
We have been around for 8 years and have grown consistently year after year. We are also constantly expanding our line of services. We started with just private test prep tutoring, and now we offer academic tutoring, group classes, online learning, college admissions counseling, boarding school admissions counseling, coding classes, and student research (also running one of the only international high school research conferences in the world). We are now looking to stabilize and grow further and are hoping to expand our services beyond Tokyo, to other parts of Japan, Asia, and the world.
About the role
Our Teacher Trainer is the person in charge of maintaining and improving the quality of education at Tokyo Academics. From grades and tests scores to student-teacher relationships, the Teacher Trainer is responsible for student-teacher performance, parent satisfaction, alignment to international standards, and overall quality of learning, across elementary, middle, and high school education.
- Track and advance students’ learning progress, milestones, and outcomes
- Ensure the use of best teaching practices and curriculum
- Identify and deploy “best fit” curriculum to improve lessons and classes
- Leverage the internal software and deploy additional software for teachers
- Train tutors to “upskill” across multiple subjects for both individual lessons and group classes
- Observe and deliver feedback for in-person and online lessons and classes
- Broaden the age and skill ranges that tutors can support
- Monitor and align to world-class standards of education
- Mentor peers on course creation
- Teaching and mentoring high school, middle school, and elementary students both one-on-one and in classes
- Participating in and developing innovative courses
- Managing the cases of your students: scheduling, goal tracking, parent communication, escalation on needs and concerns, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above. (Masters degree in education is preferred)
- Language: Native English
- Commitment to living and working in Japan for 2-3 yrs.
- Familiarity with the US and UK academic experience
- Commitment to quality of service and producing results.
- Fast, self-starting, organized, detail-oriented, and systematic in order to “get it done”.
- Motivated to build a world-class company that makes global impact.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
: What we offer you:
- Competitive salary package. 5M to 6M yen/year with possibility of bonus
- International and diverse working environment.
- Opportunity for growth within the company.
- Visa sponsorship is available.