- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Electronics / Electrical Equipment, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Telecommunication
- Salary TBD JPY / Not Applicable Internship will be fully subsidized; Full-time salary TBD upon offer
- English Level Business Level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Start your Career in Japan as an Intern
About the Host Company
Everything is connected to the internet in the age of IoT. Established in 2001, this host company is on the bleeding edge of automated software solutions and hardware modules for controlling and managing everything from industrial tools, to robots, to server infrastructure, and more. The company is one of the leading service providers in Japan in the field of comprehensive support for cloud service systems, with a high contract continuation rate and loyal and lasting relationships with its clients. In the field of research and development, the company also provides software for the automatic operation of heavy machinery and software for visual regenerative medicine. We now live in the age of IoT, and this company is here to support it.
This host company is looking to bring its design processes in-house. Interns will work with their colleagues to develop and design web and print materials for marketing the company’s products. This will be a unique chance for you to experience what it’s like to build a design team from the ground up while working for a breakthrough Japanese technology company.
Specific tasks for the internship may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and planning of websites and sales leaflets
- Design and planning of user experience and UI
- Design and planning of branding assets
- Other tasks will be assigned if necessary
Participating in the Japan Careers Program is not a typical job or internship. Our internship-to-hire positions allow you to make sure your host company and even life in Japan are fit for you. (Think of it like a job audition!) At the very least, you’ll be able to experience the Japanese work culture and daily life with the company, while gaining training and experience you can apply to your career wherever it may take you. If things work out well, you can finish up the internship with a full-time job offer from the company! The host company will help you with your internship, and we’ll take care of visa support (if necessary) and guidance for moving to and living in Japan, advocating for you along every step of the way.
During the internship period, you will be provided with a subsidy for a round trip flight ticket, and support for housing and other expenses incurred as an effect of the internship. If you get a full-time offer, you’ll become a full-fledged company employee, with the benefits that come with it. Details vary company to company, and, of course, we’ll let you know what those are if you’re given an offer, but generally speaking, they include a good starting salary, insurance coverage, regular bonuses, and frequent raise opportunities, among other things.
The host company is looking for an intern with the ability to work in a small team, and the ability to take direction in some areas while being able to self-direct in others.
- Major, minor, or work experience, in graphic design, web design, or related subjects
- Pursuing or graduated with Bachelor’s degree or higher
- A strong desire to work in Japan as soon as possible
- Portfolio submission will be required
- English: Business Level
- Japanese: Basic Level
- Website development experience
Application to this position requires registration with our program. (Learn more at www.myjapan.careers)
After receiving your registration, we will proceed with processing your application for this position. If selected to move forward, we will set up an initial video call to help build your profile, which we will submit with your application to the host company.