- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥250,000 - ¥265,000 / 月 (All teachers start at 250,000yen)
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 特に必要無し
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
- English: Native or highly-fluent English speakers
- Must have a 4-year university/college degree
- Must currently reside in Japan.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience of teaching in Japan
- Some ESL/EFL teaching experience is preferred
- Some teaching experience with children is highly preferred
- Certificates in teaching (CELTA/TESOL/TEFL) are not required, but will improve your chances.
ENGLISH CONVERSATION TEACHER POSITION AVAILABLE
The American Language School (ALS) Hofu, in Yamaguchi, Japan, is looking for a full-time English conversation teacher who is interested in teaching kids, teens, and adults. The teacher will provide lessons not only at ALS Hofu, but also at a kindergarten and a junior high school in the community, so there is a nice variety of students to keep the day interesting and enjoyable. ALS Hofu is a well-respected school serving the community in Yamaguchi for over 25 years.
Benefits and schedule
- 18-month agreement with full Visa sponsorship. Visa and contract are renewable. Contract renewals get permanent salary increases.
- Work-related transportation fees are fully reimbursed.
- 5 total weeks of guaranteed PAID vacation every year (2 weeks in August, 2 weeks in December, 1 week in May).
- 5 flexible personal days.
- Apartment is provided, semi-furnished, Internet access; 55,000 yen maximum rent.
- Full-time, 5-day work week; maximum of 27 teaching hours per week.
- Working hours are usually between 1 pm and 9 pm. It sometimes starts early and finishes early; however, working hours does not exceed 8 hours per day. If you work over these hours, an extra work wage will be paid to you - all lessons are under an hour.
- Class size is limited to 8 students and you see the same students once a week – no unexpected schedule changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare course materials and design lessons with diverse activities and methods that cover all aspects of English language (speaking, writing, reading, and listening)
- Create a positive class environment and encourage students to reach their learning goals
- Maintain school cleanliness, sanitation, organization, and overall safety.
- Assist promotional events.
- Consistent provision of feedback of student progress to school management and parents/guardians.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and photo. Don't forget to include your contact information.