- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥260,000 - ¥300,000 / 月 (Negotiable dependent on qualification and experience; bonus.)
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 日常会話レベル
- その他の言語 Any preferred. We like teachers to understand the learners point of view.
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
- Valid visa that allows work in Japan preferred
- Native English speaker
- Available to work for a minimum of one year; long-term much preferred
- Teaching qualifications (CELTA/TESOL) and experience required
- Strong verbal communication skills
- MUST love working with children ages 3 to 12
- Patient and friendly, with excellent customer service skills
- Professional and punctual
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Leadership and teamwork
- Clean and tidy
- The position is a full-time teacher with a large degree of autonomy leading to head teacher
- Must be comfortable using digital devices and technology for lessons, communication and online student records
Have you been employed as a teacher, but not engaged as one? Are you looking to give more input and take some leadership? This job is for you.
We are looking for a dedicated teacher at one of our branch schools.
This is not the job for someone who just wants to teach only to be paid.
Modern English is seeking a motivated, passionate, and creative individual to teach and later help manage our private language school in Korien, Hirakata, Osaka.
You will begin with a full-time teaching schedule, learning what we do and how we work, then, with support from us and our teacher development leader, will grow to run the academic side of the head school, and have input and influence in the wider organization.
Modern English provides small group and private lessons for adults and children.
Our lessons are 50 and 60 minutes long and have clear aims, full curricula and measurable learning objectives.
Curriculum framework, class materials, and lesson plan guidelines are ready for you.
Your role is to implement our monthly themes, engage learners, help them produce portfolio and presentation work, supplement where necessary and adapt to learners' needs.
Teachers work together in weekly professional development sessions.
Recent teacher-led initiatives include the portfolio, theme, presentation, project and research work shown in the image gallery below.
We will be introducing more project-based learning in the near future.
What's most important is that our students are engaged, have fun, hit the learning targets and keep their motivation high.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Full-time monthly salary of ￥260,000 to ¥300,000 per month, negotiable dependent on candidate's experience, qualifications and proven track record.
In addition to competitive wages, we offer attractive benefits to our instructors.
- 6 weeks’ paid vacation for full-time contracts
- transportation allowance
- support for visa renewal and visa type change (on a case-by-case basis)
- paid training program
- ongoing professional development
- contract completion bonus
Raises and promotions
Ideally a long-term position, becoming head teacher leading to a long-term career with us.
All instructors receive regular evaluation and follow-up training and are provided with the tools needed to improve their teaching skills.
The standards for raises and promotions are clear - take initiative and plan your career.
Currently recruiting for Korien (Hirakata), Modern English also has other schools across Japan.
Friendly atmosphere with independence
Modern English offers a comfortable working environment and a high degree of autonomy.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume, all in English, provide a photo as your Jobs in Japan profile or otherwise, and complete the online video interview and questionnaire to be considered.
Please start your cover letter with the word, 'crisps' and tell us specifically what you offer to meet the above-listed job requirements. Give specific examples from your teaching career that show you can take the lead and implement effective learning, tasks and projects for children, and lead teachers.
Must be available for two weeks' paid training prior to an April 1st, 2024 start. We can be flexible for an earlier start for excellent candidates who are available earlier.
Only candidates who follow the above instructions will be considered. We want teachers who want to work with us, not just work anywhere.
5-20-202 Korien Cho Hirakata, Osaka