- 採用企業タイプ 人材紹介・派遣・委託
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary 2800-4000 日本円 / レッスン
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 特に必要無し
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ No
We want to create future leaders
Here in Japan, English teaching is a market of more than 800 billion yen. Many adults desire to learn English but are not successful. The main root of this problem lies in the education system, which hasn’t changed for the past 30 years. English education in schools revolves entirely on “teaching to the test”, focusing on grammar and English-to-Japanese translation exercises, which are easy to grade and only prepare children for University entrance exams.
However, companies need someone who can actually use English in real life, not just someone who can score high on standardized tests.
We should not repeat the same mistake we made in the past with the young generations. This is why we strive to expand the children’s opportunities by providing the best English learning solution.
Common benefits can include training, opportunities for advancement, location, flexible working hours, health insurance, professional development, etc
- What is our goal
Our goal is to maximize children’s possibilities.
English education in schools revolves entirely on “teaching to the test,” focusing on grammar and English-to-Japanese translation exercises, which are easy to grade and only prepare children for University entrance exams.
However, companies need someone who can use English in real life, not just someone who can score high on standardized tests.
We would like to fill in the educational gap between actual society and the current educational system (elementary to university). When our students graduate from us, they will have speaking/writing skills to communicate anywhere globally by using the universal language, English.
- How to make it happen
・All English environment. We are also using our original materials. No Japanese during the lesson.
・We would like students to think about their own idea rather than just listening to the lecture of the teacher. We are providing communicative-style lessons and a curriculum for any of the levels of students. The role of the teacher is not actually teaching but leading students to speak out and pull out their own opinion without any hesitation.
・We have our own original program to make their English life to be their habit. We have a Japanese trainer who is going to track and support their weekly training. Students need to do home training every day. (Writing practice, Online communication lesson, Grammar, and reading), and we encourage them to keep their motivation and have a conversation to resolve their issue to keep their training continuously.
- This position is part-time.
- Japanese: None / English: Native
- Minimum 2 years English teaching experience to children required
- Must currently reside in Japan
- Must have a proper visa to work in Japan
- General Native accent preferred
- Applicants who can commit long-term prioritized more than a year
- Good at using IT (make lesson records online, upload the video, and use apps
The ideal candidate
- Love to teach students
- Have teaching experience in English to Japanese students
- The first language is English
- Having certifications（TESOL, TEFL, CELTA）
- Be able to explain grammar simply and clearly in English
- Highly motivated, passionate, patient, flexible.
- ※We have a lack of female 20s to 30s teachers at this moment.
Not preferable candidate
- Cannot be on time
- Not passionate to teach students
- No career image to be a professional English teacher.
- Just working to earn money.
- No willingness to improve your teaching skill
- Just visit Tokyo and go back to your country within a year. We would like to have a long-term relationship that benefits both students and Everest to gain trust from students and parents.
The class usually takes place
Mon-Friday 16:30-21:00 (16:30-, 18:00- )
Sat 11:30-21:00 (11:30-, 13:00-, 14:30-, 16:00-, 17:30-)
There is no class on Sunday.
Teachers usually take more than 2 lessons per day.
・Group lesson (up to 3 students) : 3 hours (Including 30 min prep time)
・Private lesson: 2 hours (Including 30 min prep time)
Address: 9F-B Otomo building 1-5-18 Otsuka Bunkyo-Ku Tokyo 112-0012
*Myougadani station (Marunouchi line, two stops from Ikebukuro.)
Address:3F Kuriyama 2nd building 2-10-18 Jiyugaoka Bunkyo-Ku Tokyo 152-0035
*Jiyugaoka Station (Fukutoshin Line, Tokyu Toyoko Line, or Tokyu Ohimachi line.)
The Interview and Training Flow
We have several steps to make an agreement. We are looking forward to meeting with you.
2)Online interview (30 to 45 min) We’ll use a zoom meeting. You can join the meeting from anywhere! We’ll ask you a simple grammar question.
3)Observation (1.5hr) Please see how our lesson is proceeded!
4)Two times of Co-teaching with our main teachers (both private and group lesson)
5)Teacher’s guideline test (you will need to take more than 90%)
6)Demo lesson (2 hours) Please show us how you proceed with your class. We will give you the advice to make your actual lesson better.
7)Trial lesson to our actual students (Private lesson 2 hours)
8)Another trial lesson if it’s required to see your skill more (it would be a group lesson: 3 hours)
9)Decide your compensation
10)Make an agreement
It will take a couple of weeks to finish all processes.