- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥10,000 - ¥12,000 / 日 (daily rate with all meals and transportation covered)
- 英語レベル 流暢
- 日本語レベル 日常会話レベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ No
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check the dates below.
- A strong desire to mentor kids and help them make the most of their camp experience
- A visa that allows you to work in Japan (work permit for Student visa holders and special permission for Instructor visa holders)
- Japanese language ability
Pluses, but not requirements
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Teaching/leadership experience in outdoor settings
- Current CPR/First Aid certificationLanguage requirements (Japanese or English level)
The Team Leader/Camp Counselor
- will lead a group of about 8 campers through various camp activities including wake up and bedtimes, mealtimes, camp activity time and free time
- is prepared to participate in physical activities like kayaking, swimming, bouldering and outdoor games
- is aware of their campers' emotional and social needs and will provide attention to each individual camper
- will supervise campers to ensure their entire camp experience is safe, fun, and memorable
- will address behavioural issues that arise in their team such as homesickness or aggression
- is also expected to stay in rooms with campers at night
We are seeking hard-working, fun, and energetic English-speaking staff of any nationality who enjoy working with children and want to spend the summer outdoors in nature! Many of our campers will speak limited English so Japanese conversational ability is helpful.
Beyond Team Leaders, we will also be hiring kitchen staff, support staff and activity leaders (to lead orienteering, bouldering, waterfront, kayak, tie-dye, crafts and field games activities) to help make camp great! You can find out more about our positions and camps here: www.english-adventure.org/staff. Click on Job Descriptions in the Navigation box to take a look at all our open positions for summer camp. There are just a few positions on the team left to fill!
Please note that English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Summer Camp 2023 Basic Schedule
- July 15-18: Onsite Staff Training (departure from Shinjuku to the campsite on July 14 evening)
- July 22-August 23: Camp (We will be running 8 sessions of 5-day camps throughout this period)
In general, Team Leaders work all of the odd or even sessions. They will return to Tokyo in between their working sessions
Remuneration: 10,000 yen per camp day and training day, all daily meals at camp as well as transportation expenses from Tokyo/Osaka/Nagoya to the campsite provided (please contact us for other parts of Japan)
English Adventure will provide training, prior to each camp. Attendance is mandatory for all staff. Our professional training includes CPR and first aid training, training on camper behaviour issues and is designed to make camps run smoothly, ensure the safety of our campers and staff, and will give staff the confidence necessary to have a great experience throughout the summer.
We are looking forward to learning more about why you would make a great addition to the English Adventure team. Fill out our short application form online and we will be able to set up an interview with you soon!
We are no longer accepting overseas applicants for this camp and the final spaces will be filled with staff residing in Japan.
Find out more about us: http://www.english-adventure.org/staff
Apply here: https://englishadventure.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Japan, 〒949-8122 新潟県中魚沼郡津南町大字上郷上田甲1745-1