- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary 3,500,000 - 5,500,000 日本円 /年 Salary is negotiable for candidates with the right qualifications and experience. Annual Bonus and Incentive Plan are provided in addition.
- 英語レベル ビジネスレベル
- 日本語レベル ビジネスレベル
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 海外
- ビザスポンサーシップ Yes
Computer programming will become a mandatory subject in Japan’s elementary schools from April 2020 as the country seeks to train a new generation in highly sought information technology skills. In addition, Automation will accelerate the shift in required workforce skills. *Research finds the strongest growth in demand will be for technological skills which will rise by 55 percent and, by 2030, will represent 17 percent of hours worked, up from 11 percent in 2016. This surge will affect demand for basic digital skills as well as advanced technological skills such as programming.
This essential role exists to research the Japanese market and explore key opportunities and partners through which to introduce Educational Technology Products to Japan. A large part of the role will be to drive sustainable change through training teachers on the use of products; enabling teachers from a non-technical background to utilize online platforms to teach coding and technology to students in elementary, high schools and private schools.
Key tasks will include:
- Developing product marketing strategies to drive demand and achieve product category revenue targets.
- Ensuring sales team are equipped with optimum level of product knowledge through periodic training sessions.
- Supporting sales team with product demos and customer training.
- Building strong rapport with product partners so as to successfully obtain their support in sales and marketing activities.
- Responsibility for ongoing market and competitive analyses to aid strategic decision making and continuous improvement of existing propositions.
- Identify and participate in relevant education themed exhibitions, conferences and events.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required to support other teams in Asia. Domestic travel is an essential part of the role.
In addition to the salary package, incentive scheme and annual bonus, the successful candidate will receive ten paid vacation days a year in addition to national holidays. One paid vacation day per year of service will be added, as per Japanese Labor Law. In addition, all work-related commuting costs are reimbursed and Social Security & Health Insurance provided.
Visa sponsorship opportunities are available and overseas applicants are welcome.
- Possess at least a tertiary qualification (Diploma or Degree) from a recognized institution, preferably in Computer Science or technology related field..
- Proficiency in written and spoken English plus an ability to conduct training in spoken Japanese.
- Must be result oriented and able to work independently.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be able to manage projects
- Be meticulous with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Possess an open mindset with the ability to work and thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- An entrepreneurial spirit would be highly desirable.
The following requirements are not compulsory but will be advantageous for applicants:
- Possess working experience or relationships with schools (government, international or private) or enrichment/learning centres.
- 2- 3 years working experience in product marketing, the education field or sales would also be highly desirable
Candidates with lesser experience may be considered for Product Executive role.
*Citation: Skill Shift Automation and the Future of the Workforce. McKinsey Global Institute, May 2018