- 採用企業タイプ 直接採用
- 業種 教育 / 講師
- Salary ¥2,500 - ¥3,500 / 時間 (Negotiable)
- 英語レベル 母国語レベル
- 日本語レベル 特に必要無し
- 国内の応募者に限定？ 国内在住応募者のみ
- ビザスポンサーシップ 条件により更新可能
What are the MINIMUM job requirements and preferred qualifications
- Language requirements (Japanese or English level)
- Does the applicant have to be currently living in Japan or do you accept applications from overseas residents that wish to work in Japan?
- Visa requirements?
- Education, licenses, certificates, physical requirements, work days/hours
AIM Academy is currently looking for a professional and experienced tutor who is capable of teaching English analysis at a high school level.
This is not an ESL teaching position; students are native English speakers, studying the International Baccalaureate (IB) at various international schools.
Lessons will be conducted in person at our academy in Motomachi-Chukagai, Yokohama.
Suitable candidates must demonstrate capability of and/or experience teaching:
- Elementary language arts (reading, writing, spelling and grammar)
- Middle school language arts (reading and essay writing)
The ideal candidate can demonstrate, in addition to the above subjects, capability of teaching one or more of the following subjects:
- Math (elementary to calculus with the higher grades focused on the IGCSE/IB curriculum)
- Sciences (chemistry, physics and biology at a level equivalent to the IGCSE and/or IB curriculum)
- Social sciences and humanities
Hours for this position start at 1-2 day per week, 2-3 hours per day, and may increase with time.
Lessons are held between Monday-Friday 15:00-20:30
The work schedule is flexible, dependent on your availability and client demand within the above working hours. Part-time and contract work (set number of hours promised per week) available.
*Exceptional candidates can be considered for a full-time position.
All lessons are taught in a 1-to-1, 1-to-3 or group setting and entirely in English. Each lesson varies between 1-2 hours in length. We also have a number of students who come in for make-up lessons, so you should expect some irregular lessons to be booked throughout the month.
August 22nd, 2022
(Hours may be available prior to the start date upon negotiation.)
- 2500 yen/hour for elementary school level lessons
- 3000 yen/hour for Gr.6-10 level lessons
- ¥1000/hour for training sessions
Transportation will be compensated up to 1000 yen/day
AIM Academy is right for you if you
- have a stellar record of academic excellence, and consistently scored highly in standardized examinations (SSAT, SAT, IGCSE, AP, IB, etc)
- have a strong passion for teaching and mentoring young people, holding them to the same high standards that they hold themselves for
- are goal oriented and motivated to achieve goals (specifically improving students’ grades)
- have a professional attitude and like to belong to a team of professionals
- like rules, regulation and organization
- are growth-minded and want to develop your skills further
- appreciate feedback and collaboration
- have strong interpersonal skills
- enjoy building rapports with individual students
If interested, please submit your CV with a cover letter (optional), a photo, and 2 references.
Only those that pass the initial screening process will be notified.
1 Chome-25 Ishikawacho, Naka Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan