- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching, Food & Beverage / Restaurant
- Salary ¥12,000 - ¥17,000 / Day (daily rate with all meals and transportation covered)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Age 18 or older
- Available for all training and all camp days. Please check the dates below.
- Flexible, able to work independently
- Previous kitchen experience
- A visa that allows you to work in Japan (work permit for Student visa holders and special permission for Instructor visa holders)
Pluses, but not requirements
- Previous experience working with kids in a camp environment
- Japanese language ability
- Food hygiene certification
- Kitchen inventory management experience
The Sous Chef
- will present delicious, healthy food under the management of the head chef and will work together with other kitchen staff to help any part of the kitchen if needed
- should be able to work alone (without head chef present)
- should be experienced with directing a team of staff
The Head Chef
- needs to be able to speak Japanese fluently in order to communicate with vendors over the phone, over fax and in person
- will manage other kitchen staff (task lists, schedules etc.)
- responsible for inventory management, menu planning and portion control
The basic kitchen team schedule will be split shifts from 05:30 to 13:30 (includes breaks) and 16:30 to 19:30, providing breakfast, lunch and dinner to about 200 staff and campers every day. We are seeking hard-working, fun, and energetic English-speaking staff of any nationality who enjoy working as part of a team and want to spend the summer outdoors in nature in Niigata prefecture.
We will also be hiring kitchen hands, a kitchen admin assistant to look after camper and staff allergies as well as a baker to produce daily baked goods for camp. You can find out more about our positions and camps here: www.english-adventure.org/staff. Click on Job Descriptions in the Navigation box to take a look at all our open positions for summer camp.
Please note that English Adventure is a 100% nonsmoking workplace.
Summer Camp 2023 Basic Schedule
- July 15-18: Onsite Staff Training (departure from Shinjuku to the campsite on July 14 evening)
- July 22-August 26: Camp (We will be running 9 sessions of camp throughout this period)
In general, kitchen staff would stay onsite for the duration of training and camp and return home on the last day of camp.
- Sous Chef: 12-14,000 yen per day depending on experience and qualifications
- Head Chef: 15-17,000 yen per day depending on experience and qualifications
- all daily meals at camp as well as transportation expenses from Tokyo/Osaka/Nagoya to the campsite provided (please contact us for other parts of Japan)
We are looking forward to learning more about why you would make a great addition to the English Adventure team. Fill out our short application form online and we will be able to set up an interview with you soon!
For applicants who do not already reside in Japan, we do offer an overseas volunteer package which covers round-trip flight expenses and accommodation up to a certain amount as well as meals for all camp dates. That's a great opportunity for visitors to Japan to get the feel of what Japan is like and do some travelling before/after camp and on the days off. The overseas volunteers will work alternating sessions and stay in shared accommodation in Nozawa Onsen during the days off between sessions.
Find out more about us: http://www.english-adventure.org/staff
Apply here: https://englishadventure.bamboohr.com/jobs/
Japan, 〒949-8122 新潟県中魚沼郡津南町大字上郷上田甲1745-1