- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥260,000 - ¥300,000 / Month (Negotiable)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Basic Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- An enthusiastic communicator who enjoys the challenges of teaching.
- Native English speaker from a native English speaking country.
- Experience with early childhood teaching.
- A university / college degree and/or training in ESL / TESL / TESOL.
- Experience with Google Drive Suite and Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Live within 1 hour by public transport.
- A passion to teach, develop and give your students the effort they deserve.
FACE English is a well established English School/Eikaiwa in Yokohama, in operation since 2000. We have a good reputation in our local community for developing friendly and adaptive learning environments for our students.
We are a small team teaching all ages. Currently aged from 3 to 90, the majority of our students are elementary aged. Maximum class sizes of six students for kindy and elementary, four students for older classes and one on one private classes.
We employ some simple yet useful technologies and correspondence methods to keep our students engaged and which also build on our teachers' capabilities. Our teachers are always building skills, working with our time-honed methods and constantly improving.
- Working Hours -
- 40 hours with up to 30 teaching hours a week.
- 5 days a week. Monday and Sunday off.
- Tuesday to Friday 12pm - 10pm. Saturday 9am -6pm. (breaks included)
- Maximum working duration of 4 hours between breaks.
- 12+ days paid holidays per year plus all public holidays.
Being owner operators and teachers ourselves, we appreciate that teaching shouldn’t have any more surprises than what our students require of us and understand that consistency in the workplace helps our teachers serve the students better. So, we provide fair and steady working conditions.
- Applications and Interview schedule -
Please send us your resume with a cover letter outlining why you would like to work with us, what you hope to bring to the position and why you enjoy teaching in Japan or would like to have the opportunity to do so..
Interviews will be held at the soonest convenience.
- Transportation -
Transportation reimbursed up to 10,000 yen / month.
- Interested? -
We look forward to interviewing some very talented people who would like to join us and our students.
550-7 shinano-cho, Totsuka-ku