- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥330,000 - ¥380,000 / Month (Support for professional development; health insurance; opportunities for extra seasonal work (summer/winter programs) and holiday breaks (winter, spring, summer and Japanese national holidays).)
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
• University diploma in education and curriculum development
• Experience in active curriculum development preferred
• Valid teaching certificate
• Teaching experience required
• Native/fluent English ability
• Japanese resident or valid working visa
The Curriculum Coordinator will have responsibility and oversight for the curriculum. The position will strategically plan for teachers teaching for their students’ learning by establishing high standards of subject content and alignment across grade levels and will also develop and maintain quality school-wide planning that is aligned. This is a non-teaching position and includes providing leadership in the establishment of an exemplary curriculum, which outlines standards and outcomes for each course at each grade level.
Provides training necessary for the establishment of an exemplary curriculum and the development of short-range, long-range and unit plans. Establishes structures to support on-going curriculum and development, reflection, and refinement.
Aligns the intended/written curriculum, the implemented/taught curriculum, and the attained/learned curriculum by collaborating to develop planning and unit plans utilizing a common, organized format system (e.g. Understanding by Design (UbD)).
2 Chome-2-20 Toyo, Koto City, Tokyo, Japan