- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥250,000 - ¥270,000 / Month (Negotiable, Flexible Schedule)
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Native-level proficiency in English
- Bachelor's degree (Early Childhood Education or a related field preferred)
- Valid Working Visa
- Experience as a Head Teacher in a kindergarten or preschool
- Reggio Emilia and/or Montessori experience is a plus
- Teaching Specialty a plus (math, science, art, cooking, etc.)
- TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/DELTA a plus
- Marketing knowledge a plus
We are a small international school in Setagaya Ward.
This is NOT an Eikaiwa Position or Bilingual School!!
The curriculum is the American Core curriculum with influences from Montessori and the Reggio Emilia approach. We teach in all subjects, from math, humanities, science, arts & crafts, and cooking. We are looking to hire a teacher who is passionate about teaching children ages 0-6 and wants to further themselves in a rewarding career of teaching!
http://www.izumi-school.com for more information about us!
Position: Full-Time (Part-time available)
Hours: 8:30-17:30 (depending on ability and availability)
Payment: 240,000 - 260,000 (depending on ability and qualifications)
Location: Setagaya; 10-15 minutes from all stations (Meidaimae, Matsubara, Higashi Matsubara, and Umegaoka)
As a Teacher, you will be responsible for leading and overseeing the educational programs and operations of our international school. You will play a crucial role in creating an engaging and inclusive learning environment that fosters the intellectual, social, and emotional development of our students. From inside the classroom to outside in the forest with our partner Forest School program (iforestschool.com), this position offers an excellent opportunity to learn about education, childcare, and shape the future of young learners.
- Keeping the workplace clean
- Keeping the daily routine (park, snack, activity, circle time, etc.)
- Communicate with parents about the day
- Provide leadership in implementing the school's mission, educational philosophy, and curriculum.
- Following the curriculum and creating the lesson plans
- Take photos and make monthly newsletters
- Guiding children in developing their independence and social skills
- Keeping updated with current in-field research on early childhood education to continually enhance the school's educational programs.
- Picking up student(s) for After School
- Possibly potty training
-We have flexible scheduling
-Christmas, New Year, and Summer Breaks
-All National Holidays
-10 days paid vacation after 6 months of employment
Izumi International School is looking for long-term partners. Currently running 4 programs simultaneously (regular school, after school, Mommy&Me, and Forest School), we are looking for individuals that have a strong interest in building out their career in International Education.
The opportunity that comes with the growth of IIS is more than just a paycheck, but positionally. IIS' ultimate goal is to expand and open a sister school in California to encourage more exchange between countries and families.
We hope to find eager individuals who wish to grow with the school they join and establish their own social impact alongside IIS.
Izumi International School, 5 Chome-36-6 Matsubara, Setagaya City, Tokyo, Japan