- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥4,000 - ¥12,000 / Day
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
- Currently reside in the Kanto area (Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama, Chiba)
- Valid working visa
- Native English speaker
- Available to work on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 7 pm. (Minimum: four shifts a month on Saturdays and Sundays for at least four hours each shift)
- Also available to work on at least two weekday evenings until 9 or 10 pm. (Preferably Mondays and Fridays)
- Available to attend a paid three-day instructor training course preferably on weekdays during the day (We can be a somewhat flexible on the days and times training can be conducted as long as the total number of allotted training hours are completed.)
- A local telephone number where you can be contacted
- Basic computer skills to conduct online lessons
- Professional attitude
- Interest in learning about Japanese culture and the language
We are currently looking for instructors who can work on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am to 7 pm as well as at least two weekday evenings until 9 or 10 pm, Monday and Friday evenings in particular, at all of our school branches. We teach one-on-one lessons both in person and online. Everything necessary for conducting lessons is provided by the company at each school.
We are taking Covid-19 countermeasures to ensure the safety of our instructors, staff and clients, including cleaning lesson rooms with alcohol spray between lessons. Masks are currently optional for instructors, staff and clients.
Shinjuku School 12 pm – 9 pm
Ginza School 12 pm – 9 pm
Ebisu School 12 pm – 9 pm
Yokohama School 12 pm – 9 pm
Shinagawa School 1 pm – 10 pm
Weekends & National Holidays All schools
10 am – 7 pm
This is a part-time position best suited for individuals looking to secure an extra source of income.
Most of the hours that will be available are on weekday evenings and weekends.
・Conduct one-on-one lessons using our original educational materials (provided)
・Provide honest constructive feedback to aid in student improvement
・Regularly assess and report student progress
・Work with our Japanese staff to create a tailor-made curriculum for each student
・General office duties
・There are also opportunities to design and create our original educational materials
・Earnings potential of ￥4,000-￥10,000 on weekdays and ￥6,000-￥12,000 on weekends depending on hours worked. Salary is on a 'per lesson' basis and therefore will depend on the number of lessons available as well as your own schedule availability.
*Our bonus systems could increase the potential earnings stated above.
・Monthly early arrival bonus system
10 days early: 5,000 yen bonus
15 days early: 7,500 yen bonus
20 days early: 10,000 yen bonus
25 days early: 12,500 yen bonus
・Additional weekend shift bonus of up to ￥5,000 per month
・Transportation allowance of up to ￥20,000 per month (Max. ￥1,500 per day)
・Initial paid three-day instructor training course (each training day lasts four hours) (total compensation for the training course is ￥6000)
・Company events with our clients: Christmas party, Cherry blossom night viewing,
Summer barbecue and Sports Day
・ Instructor appreciation parties (Only for instructors and office staff)
We regret that only those considered for a personal interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your consideration.
Ebisu, Shinjuku, Ginza, Shinagawa and Yokohama