- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥4,000 - ¥4,000 / Hour
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship Future possibility / Renewal
- Native speaker of English
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
- A strong background of working with children or in English education in Japan
- Residing within a 45 to 60-minute commuting radius of Funabori Station
- Able to fulfill a one-year contract
- Valid working visa with at least one year remaining
Kid’s Corner is an English club based in Funabori, Edogawa. We recently developed a new active-learning curriculum and are now looking to open up new classes to expand our program. Our team currently consists of around 10 teachers and assistants, but now we’re looking for one more reliable, self-motivated teacher who enjoys working with children and toddlers to come and join us!
Classes are held in a community center within a short walking distance of Funabori Station . Maximum class sizes are 8 to 10 students, depending on age and level. Students range from 1 to 10 years old. Toddler classes are held with parents in the classroom. Classes are 30 to 40 minutes each, depending on class size. Some lessons may be online or private.
Each teacher has a Japanese-speaking assistant teacher to help with classroom tasks such as organizing and preparing lessons, setting up the classroom and activities, and checking homework
Articulated curriculum with comprehensive lesson descriptions and materials provided to teachers. Equipment is available to teachers for any online lessons.
Compensation and Schedule
- ¥4000 per hour, including class preparation time
- Part-time, three Saturdays per month
- Shifts are 3-4 hours face-to-face and fall between 09:00 and 15:00
- Five days of paid training and class observations Transportation expenses are reimbursed
- Flexibility with scheduling for absences or holidays with advanced notice
- Events and activities throughout the year
Additional Saturday classes may become available in the future, depending on demand. Salary increases and promotions based on performance. Preschool dispatch classes or other lessons may become available on weekdays. Teacher-led event lessons and substitute teaching for other teachers
Send us your CV/resume along with a cover letter detailing your teaching philosophy, relevant work background, and why you think you would be a good match for our team.
We will contact candidates who pass the initial screening. We look forward to meeting you soon!