- Employer Type Recruiter / Dispatch / Temp Agency
- Industry Information Technology
- Salary ¥3,000,000 - ¥4,500,000 / Year (Estimate Only)
- English Level Business Level
- Japanese Level Conversational Level
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship Yes
This hiring company is looking for someone with the ability to work well in collaborative environments, especially with regard to managing, planning, and efficiently executing tasks within a large-scale software development project. This is an entry-level position intended for new Bachelor's-level graduates. Training is provided.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong understanding of C/C++ programming languages
- Familiarity with word processing, data management, and presentation software
- English: Business Level or higher
- Japanese: Conversational Level or higher
- Strong interest in programming/computer science/cybersecurity as a lifelong career
- Strong interest in residing in Japan long-term
- Understanding of the North American software/cybersecurity markets
About the Company
This company is a major developer and distributor of computer security software, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, and founded nearly two decades ago. With security software installed on over one million computers at approximately one thousand companies, government agencies, schools, and more, they have been helping protect the world from many of the major cyber-attacks since their founding. With distributions in Japan, China, and America, this company places a large emphasis on expanding into the global market with its products.
Work closely with software development and cybersecurity teams in an environment that will help build your skillset, and set you up for success in the industry. You will start by learning about the company’s various security products and by bolstering your cybersecurity experience with fervent support. In addition to software development in C/C++, you may also be tasked with manual and automated testing and verification of functionality, and/or data management. In general, tasks will be assigned according to your skills and experience as well as their career goals.
Successful candidates will first be offered a one-year contract with a 3-month probation period. However, as a rule, competent employees will later be offered a permanent contract as early as the end of the probation period. The structure and timing of the offer(s) will vary on a candidate-by-candidate basis.
Typical Evaluation Flow
- Initial screening
- Initial interview (Lighthouse Global)
- Casual Japanese proficiency check
- Secondary screening
- Formal interview (hiring company)
- Final decision
A decision may be rendered at any point during the process. Additional interviews are sometimes requested.