- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥2,000 - ¥2,300 / Hour
- English Level Fluent
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Native or near-native English proficiency.
- Previous teaching experience with preschool-aged children and conversational English instruction is a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for teaching and a commitment to early childhood education.
- Must be available for more than 5 hours on Monday mornings and for 60-minute English conversation lessons on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Are you passionate about teaching English to young children and engaging in conversational English lessons with learners of all ages? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Our Yokohama-based preschool is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic English teacher to join our team. This position offers part-time hours, providing an excellent opportunity for experienced and motivated educators to make a positive impact on the lives of young learners and adults.
- Preschool (Currently Monday Morning: This position is possible to be up to 5 days a week in April 2024):
- Plan and execute engaging English lessons for preschool children.
- Foster a positive and nurturing learning environment.
- Use creative teaching methods to make learning enjoyable and effective.
- Monitor and assess students' progress and provide constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to ensure a well-rounded educational experience.
- Engage with students for more than 5 hours each Monday morning.
- Participate in the training and seminars
- English Conversation (Thursday, Friday, Saturday):
- Conduct 60-minute conversational English lessons for all ages.
- Create lesson plans that encourage active participation and fluency.
- Tailor lessons to meet the specific needs and goals of individual students.
- Provide a friendly and supportive learning atmosphere.
- Conduct lessons in the afternoon on Thursday, Friday, and the morning of Saturday.
- Monday Morning (Preschool): More than 5 hours/day 2,000 yen/ hour
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday (English Conversation): 60 minutes per hour from 2,300 yen/ hour
- Professional development opportunities.
- A supportive and friendly work environment.
- Access to teaching materials and resources.
- Convenient location in Yokohama.
NYC School is just a five minute walk from Kamiooka Station using either the Keikyu train line or Blue subway line.
How to Apply:
If you are enthusiastic about teaching young children and conversational English to learners of all ages, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume, a cover letter, and any relevant teaching certifications.
On your cover letter, please start the first paragraph with the word "Wing." We want teachers that want to work at NYC and not just apply to any job.
Join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of young learners and adult English enthusiasts while enjoying a rewarding teaching experience. We look forward to welcoming you to our preschool in Yokohama!
NYC School Inc, 2 Chome-15-17 Kamiookanishi, Konan Ward, 横浜市港南区上大岡西 Kanagawa, Japan