- Employer Type Direct Hire
- Industry Education / Teaching
- Salary ¥2,500 - ¥3,500 / Hour
- English Level Native level
- Japanese Level Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship No
- Native or fluent speaker of English
- Valid working VISA in Japan
- Ability to teach the subjects described below (in the "must be able to teach" section)
Not required but preferred:
- Knowledge or experience in international schools and the IGCSE/IB program
- Prior teaching experience
- Ability to teach one or more subjects in the "additional subjects" section below
- English-Japanese bilingual
AIM Academy is currently looking for professional and experienced tutors who are capable of teaching English analysis at a high school level. University students are welcome to apply.
This is not an ESL teaching position; students are native English speakers, studying the International Baccalaureate (IB) at various international schools.
Lessons will be conducted in person at our academy in Motomachi-Chukagai, Yokohama.
Suitable candidates must demonstrate capability of and/or experience teaching:
- Elementary language arts (reading, writing, spelling and grammar)
- Middle school language arts (reading and essay writing)
The ideal candidate can demonstrate, in addition to the above subjects, capability of teaching one or more of the following subjects:
- Math (elementary to calculus with the higher grades focused on the IGCSE/IB curriculum)
- Sciences (chemistry, physics and biology at a level equivalent to the IGCSE and/or IB curriculum)
- Social sciences and humanities
Hours for this position start at 1-2 day per week, 1.5-3 hours per day, and may increase with time.
Lessons are held between Monday-Friday 15:00-20:30, with a demand for Mondays and Tuesdays.
We are currently looking for instructors who can keep the same lesson schedule until the end of June, 2024.
The work schedule is flexible, dependent on your availability and client demand within the above working hours. Part-time and contract work (set number of hours promised per week) available.
All lessons are taught in a 1-to-1, 1-to-3 or group setting and entirely in English. Each lesson varies between 1-2 hours in length. We also have a number of students who come in for make-up lessons, so you should expect some irregular lessons to be booked throughout the month.
- 2500 yen/hour for elementary school level lessons
- 3000 yen/hour for Gr.6-10 level lessons
- 3500 yen/hour for Gr.11-12 level lessons
- ¥1000/hour for training sessions
Transportation will be compensated up to 1000 yen/day
AIM Academy is right for you if you
- have a stellar record of academic excellence, and consistently scored highly in standardized examinations (SSAT, SAT, IGCSE, AP, IB, etc)
- have a strong passion for teaching and mentoring young people, holding them to the same high standards that they hold themselves for
- are goal oriented and motivated to achieve goals (specifically improving students’ grades)
- have a professional attitude and like to belong to a team of professionals
- like rules, regulation and organization
- are growth-minded and want to develop your skills further
- appreciate feedback and collaboration
- have strong interpersonal skills
- enjoy building rapports with individual students
If interested, please submit your CV with a cover letter (optional), a photo, and 2 references.
Only those that pass the initial screening process will be notified.
1 Chome-25 Ishikawacho, Naka Ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan